okay i am thinking about taking my squier strat to the shop and changing the pickups

i would like some suggestions of pickups they could change it too?

i play a jimi hendrix, red hot chili peppers, nirvana kind of style if that helps.

oh and i the only thing ive changed of my squier strat are the strings
Fender SCN noiseless pickups are good. Kent Armstrong sells quality singles as well, but i dont think they come in a set like the Fenders. Maybe 70's pickups would be better, as John has a 70's strat, and so did Jimi i think.
I wouldn't know yet, but I orderd some fender noiseless pickups for my squire. They came in to the shop, but I'm broke so I have to wait till monday to pick them up.
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of amp do you have?

Jimi died in 1970....so I'd say he probably mostly played 50's and 60's strats...
especially because late in his career he was often seen playing Gibsons (Flying V, white SG...).

he used CBS strat at woodstock CBS was basically '65 and onwards. not the whole '70s that people say it was.

i don't really like fender custom shop. they're mojo.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i don't. my new neck from musikraft im getting the 50's strat headstock.

oh yea. they added more neck profile options. some are LP '59, Clapton V (im getting.), SRV asymmetrical, and chunky U
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Id' get the amp first, then look into some pickups. Personally, I would see about just some American Strat pickups. I put one in my Squier and had it in for awhile, and it sounded good. You can come by them fairly cheap too.