Page 1 of 2
im looking for a fuzz that can give me that nice smooth fuzz tone
not the buzzsaw rough fuzz but a smoother one
i have a carvin bel air 212 (50 watt tube)
american deluxe v-neck strat
and some other pedals

the fuzz needs to be smooth but if it can also acheive those more saturated fuzz tones as well it would be great
THANKS
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Some excellent high quality fuzzes are:

Roger Mayer Classic fuzz/Axis Fuzz
Redwitch Fuzz God
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Big Muff Pi (russian or NYC)
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
feel like making one with germanium transistors? cost u less and sound better.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
BYOC fuzzes are good and fun to build as well. Fulltone has a fuzz, which is defiately good, but could be about $150-$200 maybe.
A germanium Fuzz face clone would be good for you.
Depending where you live, look into Roger Mayer effects and Analogue Man effects.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
please dont just recomend brands most of the companies listed have multiple fuzzes
idk which ones to try
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
if you can find them, Sweet Sound makes a line of fuzzes. May I recommend the Pi Face, which is like a late 60's smooth fuzz. Very expensive and hard to find though

Or A Big Muff, BBE Free Fuzz, or little big muff
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Well the ZVEX Fuzz Factory is a super fuzz pedal and sounds great (ala muse plug in baby) but its rather dear, big muff is pretty good and like 1/3 of the price.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Analogman Peppermint fuzz is great, but maybe not smooth enough for what you want. Keeley FuzzHead is sort of a Fuzz/Overdrive and can be quite smooth. Zvex Fuzz Factory is an amazing fuzz - It can go from smooth as hell to out of this world insane. Fulltone also make a great fuzz! Be sure to check them out.
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
ok thanks
remember tho that this fuzz will be used over a n overdriven amp
dont know if that affects it tho
also can ppl start posting links to the different ones?
THANKS
Quote by beeboshain
the smoothest fuzzes i've came across are the skreddy mayo, analogman sun face with NKTs, some tonebender clones (not many though, they're not meant to be really smooth). one of these would probably be better for you than a fuzz factory.

best bet would be a good fuzz face clone, like an analogman, pro analog, monsterpiece or sweet sound.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Dunlop Arbiter Fuzz Face reissues are terrible.
Yeah, they use Transistors with a gain of about 800 where you need a max of 200 - the sweetest ones have a gain of about 80 - 130. I suppose if you've got alot of cash flying around you could buy a Dunlop one just for the enclosure and build it in there. But I'd just advise building your own.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by mr_hankey
Buy R_H_C_P's Roger Mayer Classic fuzz.

Too late.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Yeh, dont get the dunlop fuzz re-issue, terrible.

If price does matter, an american big muff should do what you need, it can get quite smooth fuzz if low leveled, but can easily punch out heavy saturated fuzz when dimed.

If price is no issue, then Zvez fuzz face, probably the most versatile fuzz on the market, but its smoother fuzz sounds are nothing special, more than good enough, but I would only recomend this pedal if you want wierder fuzz/self ocsillation effect (think muse)

The analogueman sunface fuzz (or whatever its name is) sounds pretty sweet, real smooth, real nicely toned, but I dont think it can get the real beefy in your face fuzz.
think hendrix for the tone im looking for
not exact but around there
Quote by beeboshain
Early or late Hendrix?

My Roger Mayer Axis nails his Woodstock tone, but it's not very good for 'Are You Experienced?'.
early
Quote by beeboshain
Roger Mayer Classic fuzz, Analog Man Sunface, Fulltone '69 (ebay, they aren't made anymore), and so on. I personally don't think they differ that much, so just go for the cheaper one.
ok thank you so much for the help
i think a fuzz will have to wait for at least a couple months because im about to order a treble booster
where should a treble booster and a fuzz fit in to my chain if i also use a wah and distortion pedal?
Quote by beeboshain
hbe germania 44
Quote by beeboshain
treble boosters are super overpriced on what it takes to just build one... maybe that's just me, but i really thinkso. ask somebody in the rangemaster group to build one for you lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^^ Good choice. Very good choice. Be sure to make a thread about it.

EDIT:
^Sure, but pretty much all pedals are overpriced.
buffer?
hmmmm
its a crybaby 95q
Quote by beeboshain
For early Hendeix - Analogman Sun Face NKT 275. I love the Sun Dial! There are so many great fuzz pedals out there but if you're looking for a Hendrix-esq tone you need a fuzz that's got the GRIND to it. For the full on grind you need the Fuzz Factory though...
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
OK NEW DEVELOPMENT
HBE UFO
any thoughts?
it looks and sounds good (from demos)
good price (160)
has octave included in
great reviews
any experience?
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by Lightitup
Zvex Fuzz Factory

i love the zvex pedals. all of the little buggers.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
MKII clone!!! BYOC sells a kit, you can get them prebuilt to it!

ECisTheBest has one on order for me.

either the MKII or the Fulltone OCD. both are fuzz boxes you could have sex with they are so good.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Page 1 of 2