This all began about 2 months ago, i saved up some cash, and decided to buy a new guitar. I was a bit picky, but i also know wat i want: aFloyd tremolo system (LFR/OFR), high gain pickups, neck through, HAD to be suitable for metal, and it had to be a nice guitar.
So after a fair bit of research, the neckthrough ones were WAY out of my price range ($700-$900 Canadian). My lockal shop had a DKMGT Dinky, which has a trans-red flame maple top, EMG 85-81, reverse headstock, shark-eye inlays, but it was string through.
I made the decision that i wanted the floyd version of the guitar. It retails at around $1000 +taxes, but at my local shop, theres like 10-20% discount on everything, and i ended up paying $857 with taxes, which is really good.
so i ordered it, it was supossed to ship the next week, and get here the week after that. But it never came. Word of advice to everybody, if you can avoid it, don't ship purolator. Anyways, heree i am about 2 months later, finally have my guitar, looks and sounds great.
So i thoguht i'd share some pics with you guys, because it's a truely beautiful guitar, the nicest i've ever seen on a non-custom shop guitar, so here it is
(and thats not the case that came with it)

isn't my moms couch just beautiful? lol

sorry for the bad quality pics, i don't own a digital camera (i spend my money on more musical things) so i used the built in iSight in my MacBook, i'll try and borrow a digi-cam soon to take some good pics, or if you guys want i could make a little video demo of the sound and the features and such.

EDIT: i'm now trying to find a name for her, i was thinking Juliya, like after Mistress Juliya, cuz it's gotta be a kool name, but it's also gotta be metal, your thoughts?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Last edited by ChaoticVengence at Sep 22, 2007,
oohhhh, pretty , good job
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
thx
i've had it for a few days now, and just decided to take some pics to spread the word: JACKSONS ARE SO NICE AND AMAZING!!
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Nice! I have that same one...nice guitar.

I prefer my Schecter Hellraiser FR though..
B-e-a-utiful.

Love Dinkys nice one
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by ASGTrace
Nice! I have that same one...nice guitar.

I prefer my Schecter Hellraiser FR though..

ya, i was gonna buy one, but figured i'd be better off to just save like 300 and get this one
and the main reason i didn't get it, is because most of teh "metal-core" ppl around here have schecters, so i wanted to get a guitar thats pretty much only played by metalers
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
ya, but Japan is pretty much the second best place to get guitars, witht eh states being the first
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Ah, nice idea with putting the Apple sticker on your case, I was wondering what to do with my spare.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
i have 2 from my iPod on my helmet, and i have the one on my case from my MacBook, and i have one left now, waiting for something good to put it on
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
nice, my dad works for apple so goodjob on that lol.
Anyways, i've got the DKMG as well, but i bought it for 600 USD blemished(most are over 800 USD, not sure what that is in canada), it's got one tiny scratch which noone can see unless they look on the back of it, but mine was the plain satin black, yours looks cooler. I was thinking about schecters too since i like mahogany better than alder, but oh well i guess i'll have a slightly brighter unique tone than the rest of the metal people.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
mine didn't come with a case though..eventually i'll save up and get one lol. I use my crappy soft case which came with my first guitar-a walmart yamaha.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Nice score!!! If you like your action really low, those are the ones to do it. The compund radius fretboards are hard to beat. Take it to a good tech who'll set it up for you and you'll be happy for a long time.
Had a DX10 once and got rid of it...been kicking myself ever since.
Quote by electricsnake
nice, my dad works for apple so goodjob on that lol.
Anyways, i've got the DKMG as well, but i bought it for 600 USD blemished(most are over 800 USD, not sure what that is in canada), it's got one tiny scratch which noone can see unless they look on the back of it, but mine was the plain satin black, yours looks cooler. I was thinking about schecters too since i like mahogany better than alder, but oh well i guess i'll have a slightly brighter unique tone than the rest of the metal people.

i was gonna get just a regular paintjob, but i didn't like any of the colours, so i took that one, a hundred bucks more is def worth it...i mean just look at it!

Quote by electricsnake
mine didn't come with a case though..eventually i'll save up and get one lol. I use my crappy soft case which came with my first guitar-a walmart yamaha.

this case didn't come with it, it's a gator, i paid about $95 with taxes, i used a gig bag, but it started marking teh headstock, so i decided to get a hardshell right away

Quote by fretboarddragon
Nice score!!! If you like your action really low, those are the ones to do it. The compund radius fretboards are hard to beat. Take it to a good tech who'll set it up for you and you'll be happy for a long time.
Had a DX10 once and got rid of it...been kicking myself ever since.

ya ti's really good the way it's set up now, neck feels great, action is at the sweet spot, could be abit lower, but for now it's good, and you should get another jackson if you liked it so much

also, i'm not looking for a name, check edit in first post
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)