Ok, i found a song that uses the G chord (first time ive come across this chord before), its A string 2nd fret and e string 3rd fret. What fingers should i use?

Also, do you guys have a lead finger when changing chords?
use the bad finger to hit the E string on 3rd fret (the thick string)
use the index finger to hit the A string on 2nd fret

and optionaly... (you're not asking about that.. but it also is the G chord)
use the ring finger to hit the e string on 3rd fret (the thin string)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by pariah452
dfassfdsafdsafdsasafsfsfdafa

^ agreed.

but i use my middle finger to get the 3rd on low E, index finger for 2nd on A, and my ring and pinky finger to get the higher notes (like 3rd on high E, etc)
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
i was talking about the other G chord not the G chord that everyone knows about.
Quote by TERU
i was talking about the other G chord not the G chord that everyone knows about.

Well, there are potentially loads of different ways of playing a G chord, so you'll have to be more specific.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Quote by TERU

Is it this? This is a portion of the G chord that "everyone knows" Like the user above me said, there are many ways to play a G chord all over the neck of the guitar.

---
---
---
---
-2-
-3-

What do you mean by lead finger?

The fingers I would use to play this depends on what I have to play before and after it.
lead finger as in, do you need one of your fingers to hit a certain fret and then and only then can your other fingers get to the right shape of the chord? Or do your fingers all make the chord shape at the same time?