ive been on a long search for a tube amp that will produce the sound i want....and so far this vht pitbull is the only thing that gives me that sound....anyone else had any experience with it?....either the head or the combo?
Its a very dry, focused distortion. Very clear. Almost TOO clear. Has a lot of gain, but not in a saturation way. VERY expensive too. Not worth it unless you have a REALLY good Cab aswell.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
it's really nice, but there are a bunch of amps which will do a similar(ish) tone. and if you're in the UK, there are better value options...

what type of budget are you talking?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's really nice, but there are a bunch of amps which will do a similar(ish) tone. and if you're in the UK, there are better value options...

what type of budget are you talking?

any kind of budget really...if its worth it..i will pay it...im mainly looking for the crunch that amp gives but in a combo and it has to sound good at low volume...live in an apartment and cant wake the neighbors...
ah crap, in a combo is more difficult. and low volume is pushing it, too. plenty of the high gainers sound pretty good at lower volumes, but at the volumes you're liable to have to play at in an appartment, it's a struggle...

peavey 5150/6505 might be worth a look.

if you can go with a head and 2x12 cab, brunetti xlr-evo, soldano avenger/slo etc, cornford, vht deliverance would all be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?