Does anyone know what percentage of the UK population own a car?

Basically. Im doing Business A Level and i have an essay that has to be in for Monday.

An overview of the course is that we have to make a business and over the course we decide what its prices will be, the costs and if it will succeed.

I chose to do a car washing business.

The piece im doing for Monday is 'The Local Market'.

I need to find out what percentage of the UK population own a car?

I can't find anything on the internet at all. So i'm looking for help here.

Thanks in advance.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Surely you'd be better finsing out how mnay people locally own a car? Because if you base your business plan on a national figure, but set up in an area where car ownership is much lower than the national avergae, you'll be f*cked.
Yes, i was thinking about that aswell. My teacher just suggested things to put in it and so i took note.

I will try and find out car owners in my local area.

'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
I walk 5 miles a day and hardly ever use a car..

I like laughing to myself at the blonde bints in their 4x4's and overweight moody twats in their ridiculous BMW "offroad vehicles" speeding round in their levitated metal machines, with little regard to anyone else and as if they own the place.
Quote by Jackolas
I walk 5 miles a day and hardly ever use a car..

I like laughing to myself at the blonde bints in their 4x4's and overweight moody twats in their ridiculous BMW "offroad vehicles" speeding round in their levitated metal machines, with little regard to anyone else and as if they own the place.

Well, I actually saw a 4x4 with a Ferrari badge on the bonnet parked outside M&S last week.
Also, if you take number of cars registered in the UK and divide by population, it will give you a usable(if not wholly accurate) figure. It just won't take into account people who own multiple cars, cars owned by businesses(rental cars and company cars, because they can't be said to be owned by whoever drives them).
But I guess what you really need to know for this is how many people are using cars.
Quote by joeymaxx
* cough* my post above

You legend - Thanks

Are you thinking about buying a car? Have you settled on New or Used? It's not an easy decision to make. A new car is guaranteed to work, while an old car is cheaper. With a new car, you can get it in any model, any color, and you get to customize it, while with an old car, you have to take what's available. Buying an old car means you might not have to deal with a pushy salesman, while buying a new car means that you do. Which ever you choose, you're going to need an autoloan and warranty.

Now, for an auto loan. You aren't going to want to finance through the dealership. Most dealerships add 2-3% interest on the rates that's just pure profit for them. When you buy a car, used or new, you don't want to pay any more than you already have to. When you want a loan, get it from a third party, either a bank, or a specialized auto loan lender. Whatever you do, just remember, you want to get a car loan.

Now, as for a warranty, you need one. The car isn't going to be perfect from the time you buy it till the time you want another one. Car parts will break down, or unforseen events will happen to your vehicle. With the right warranties, it doesn't have to hurt your pocket book. Getting an helps you save when buy a car, a warranty helps you save while you're driving a car. Warranties come in many ranges of terms and coverage, so choosing the best one for you isn't always an easy decision. You definitely want the big things covered, but the small things, like oil filters and spark plugs, you can handle yourself or get some friendly good advice.

Next time you want to buy a car, don't make an uninformed decision. Doing your homework, by researching how much others have paid, how much you can get in a loan from another source,how much the dealer paid for the car, etc... can really pay off when you do finally purchase a vehicle.

- B