Page 1 of 2
y do so many people love this guitar? i cant imagine getting a good range of sounds b/c it has only 1 pup, but i could b wrong...

explanations plz
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Its a beatiful guitar imo but i wouldnt buy it cause as you said itd be good for bodom and stuff, but nothing else
howver the Edwards RV whcih is exactley the same with a neck pickup (made by ESP)
1st of all they are - Alexi laiho wannab's,

2nd youre right, this guitar sucks if you wanna paly sth other than CoB stuff

3rd its not worth it, the ltd version of this this, sucks, and the esp one, costs about 1200, with that money you can get your custom guitar, with aranged pups for your preference, which i prefer to do

4th the ltd version, is a bolt-on neck, and if you are gonna play some heavy dive bombs or sth, your gonna be sick of tuning it over and over again

datll be all

and my word is not to get it, cause it has only one pup, and the bolt on neck,

so id suggest getting a MH or M or sth like that, instead of getting the ltd version

but if youre thinking of getting the esp artist signature, the more expensive one, id suggest,
getting a custom guitar, or the 400 series gutiars, they kick this guitars ass
Alexi said that he thinks that the sound you get from the brdge pickup is the only sound you need for metal. If you want something similar, but with a Neck pickup, get a Jackson Rhoads V
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Alexi said that he thinks that the sound you get from the brdge pickup is the only sound you need for metal. If you want something similar, but with a Neck pickup, get a Jackson Rhoads V

yeah you can do that if youre loaded, or you can order a guitar which is about the same price, if you dont put any custom graphics or inlays
i was just wondering b/c i heard praise about it and the rythym guitarist to 1 of my fave bands uses it. i love the V look but would never get it for the reason me and the rest of u sed
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i find it's ugly, just buy a jackson RR model
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I love the look, but it's horribly overpriced and the one pickup and lack of tone controls would put me off.
If I was rolling in it though, I'd get one just because I'm a huge COB fan.
R E G G A E
It's not even great for playing CoB stuff.

You guys know Alexi actually uses passive EMGs, right?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
It's not even great for playing CoB stuff.

You guys know Alexi actually uses passive EMGs, right?

Fo' sho'.
He even states he doesn't use it in the studio, and only sometimes in live concerts.
Not a great businessman, but **** me dead he can play.
R E G G A E
Quote by sum_ugly_man

3rd its not worth it, the ltd version of this this, sucks, and the esp one, costs about 1200, with that money you can get your custom guitar, with aranged pups for your preference, which i prefer to do

Eventhough 1200 bucks can get you some really nice gear, I doubt there is a luthier which will build you a full blown, high quality, custom for that amount of money (also, I might be wrong, but I reckon the ESP version of the Alexi sig. is a bit more than 1200 dollars).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Eventhough 1200 bucks can get you some really nice gear, I doubt there is a luthier which will build you a full blown, high quality, custom for that amount of money (also, I might be wrong, but I reckon the ESP version of the Alexi sig. is a bit more than 1200 dollars).

Yeah, it's like £1,200 here, so minus a bit because ESP appear to hate the UK and you're still talking about roughly $2000.

EDIT: And the LTD version here is like £850+.
R E G G A E
because it looks br00talz. jeez.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sum_ugly_man

4th the ltd version, is a bolt-on neck, and if you are gonna play some heavy dive bombs or sth, your gonna be sick of tuning it over and over again

datll be all

so id suggest getting a MH or M or sth like that, instead of getting the ltd version

but if youre thinking of getting the esp artist signature, the more expensive one, id suggest,

umm.. the Alexi 200 sucks, the Alexi 600 however is awesome. it os only ruined by the name written on the headstock. which is why the Jackson RR24 is better. also, the jackson has an EMG 81 rather than the ****ty Hz. But then, TS has a squier.. so he obviously knows ****.
I tried the actual ESP model and the only good thing I can say about it is the belly cut in the back which makes it very comfortable to play instead of the solid chunk of wood most V's are.
But it suffers from the same fault all V's do...not a sit-down guitar. I own a V myself and it's OK for a few songs but I wouldn't gig with it all night. They tend to be neck heavy.
Quote by sum_ugly_man

datll be all

You do know that the only difference between the ESP Alexi and teh LTD Alexi 600 is the name on the headstock? They are both exactly the same guitar, including an Original Floyd Rose and (i think) gotoh tuners with a neck through design. The reason people like them is because of the streamlined look, and teh body is slightly larger than the jackson RR's which many people (not me though) find to be too small. Also, it is a neckthrough design which has a cutaway not included on jackson RR's. Those are the main reasons people prefer the Alexi model. However the single pickup is highly limiting, and without the preamp alexi uses, it pretty much blows.

Rant over!

I have been wondering if its top heavy or not, so if anyone knows please pm me or just post.

edit: damn! I should have read cheames post. oh well.
My band: Take No Prisoners

Quote by Magero
Terrifying. Makes me glad I'm a satanist and a metal-head. I may be going to hell, but I got kick-ass music.
Last edited by Dogruitag at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by Dogruitag
You do know that the only difference between the ESP Alexi and teh LTD Alexi 600 is the name on the headstock? They are both exactly the same guitar, including an Original Floyd Rose and (i think) gotoh tuners with a neck through design. The reason people like them is because of the streamlined look, and teh body is slightly larger than the jackson RR's which many people (not me though) find to be too small. Also, it is a neckthrough design which has a cutaway not included on jackson RR's. Those are the main reasons people prefer the Alexi model. However the single pickup is highly limiting, and without the preamp alexi uses, it pretty much blows.

Rant over!

I have been wondering if its top heavy or not, so if anyone knows please pm me or just post.

the neckthru lets your strings go out of tune more often which is a freaking bummer,

and only one freaking pup, not good for me, im a 81/85 person, serymour duncans work just fine, but one pup is not for me,

also, to the dude who said ltds are about 850 were youre from...where the hell are you from? its like 505 $ here in canada, and te other one can go up to 1600, and i can make a guitar by talking to an esp dealer for i donno um... 900 $ minimum, so you see im getting what I wanna get, better for crating MY unique tone,

although i gotta agree with the ppl who have said that this guitar looks cool, but looks dont always matter, im gonan be getting an M-260 or mh 260 or sth like dat, because its bolt on and its basically the same thing as the 400 series, only difference are the pups, i might change em if they are wayy to bad, but, last time i tried em, they werent
Quote by sum_ugly_man
the neckthru lets your strings go out of tune more often which is a freaking bummer,

Wait, so neck-thru makes you go out of tune and bolt-on makes you go out of tune as well? What the hell do you do, play with the neck removed?
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Quote by sum_ugly_man

also, to the dude who said ltds are about 850 were youre from...where the hell are you from? its like 505 $ here in canada, and te other one can go up to 1600, and i can make a guitar by talking to an esp dealer for i donno um... 900 $ minimum, so you see im getting what I wanna get, better for crating MY unique tone,

I would have thought the £ sign would have told you that. The UK is the only nation that I know of that uses the pound as a currency with that symbol (I believe Cyprus etc. use a different symbol, might be wrong).
Quote by Dogruitag

Rant over!

er, odds are the LTD is made in korea while the esp is made in japan.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sum_ugly_man

3rd= The ESP version costs a LOT more than 1200, thats for sure. And i'm pretty certain the TS is not going to be able to get a custom guitar with 1200. They usually run a lot higher than that.

4th= The LTD Alexi-600 is a neck-thru, not a bolt-on neck. And with the OFR and Grover tuners, i don't really think tuning stability is going to be a problem, even after a whammy wank-fest.

The LTD Alexi-600 is an awesome guitar, only thing lacking is the neck pickup and active EMGs. Compare it to the RR24, and they're almost the same besides the pickup. And personally, i find the fret access on the Alexi-600 easier due to the cutaway. With the RR24, its kinds hard to access the 23rd and 24th fret without stretching quite a bit. On the other hand, the RR24 is MIJ whereas the LTD is MIK. So, build quality and the sorts come into question here, although it wouldn't really be much difference.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by sum_ugly_man

what the hell?

bolt-on or neck-thru won't affect the tuning.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what the hell?

bolt-on or neck-thru won't affect the tuning.

bolt on*

my bad

and neck through does affect your tuning maybe even a little

and to the guy who said dat esp alexi 600 doesnt cost 1200 take a look at this ...

http://www.stevesmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1332

and the ltd version

costs about 500 dollars

http://www.stevesmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1330
its a Canadian store, ive went down there, and they actually sell it for that price,

bottom line, if your in love with alexi, get it, but if your gonna play sth else, dont get it
Quote by sum_ugly_man

how?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sum_ugly_man

datll be all

the ltd model isnt a bolt on,but yea i was thinking of buying it but i hate the shape.then i saw the jackson rr24
Quote by Dave_Mc
how?

it affects it in a good way, to help you stay in tune, and signature series is bull...alexi wud never play one of these, its just bull...

but it looks really good

to devilmaycrykid check out espguitars.com it says that the ltd is a bolt on
you can get an ESP SV (i think) for about £1200
its exactly the same shape as the alexi sig and its got a neck humbucker
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by sum_ugly_man
bolt on*

my bad

and to the guy who said dat esp alexi 600 doesnt cost 1200 take a look at this ...

and the ltd version

costs about 500 dollars

its a Canadian store, ive went down there, and they actually sell it for that price,

bottom line, if your in love with alexi, get it, but if your gonna play sth else, dont get it

That's still an LTD, genius. Enlarge the thumbnail and it says LTD on the headstock.

There're three models, IIRC: The Alexi-200 and 600, which are both LTD, and the actual ESP Alexi Laiho, which has no number.

And bolt-on AND neck-thru affect tuning? I reiterate, what the hell do you play, then?
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
bolt on*

my bad

and the ltd version

costs about 500 dollars

You do know you just reinforced my point that the ESP does not cost 1200 AND made yourself look like a complete idiot right? Both those guitars are LTDs. The first one is the LTD Alexi-600 (which is a neck thru, not a BOLT ON as you say it is) and the second one is the Alexi-200.

And seriously, where on earth did you come up with this necks affecting tuning thing?
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by samtewari
you can get an ESP SV (i think) for about £1200
its exactly the same shape as the alexi sig and its got a neck humbucker

Yeah I did that, bought an ESP SV.

It's pretty much identical except you get two pickups (both active 81's, not the HZ **** you get with alexi model) which are better, for a much lower price (where I live anyway).

Afaik ESP SV is only available in europe/japan, but you could always order.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
it affects it in a good way, to help you stay in tune, and signature series is bull...alexi wud never play one of these, its just bull...

no offence, but what the fuck are you talking about?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sum_ugly_man

but it looks really good

to devilmaycrykid check out espguitars.com it says that the ltd is a bolt on

nah, a good bolt on is just as good if not better than a set neck or neck thru.

the main difference being the sustain, which is very similar if we are talking about better than intermediate here.

bolt on's also have the advantage of neck swapping.

tuning stability = tuners, nut, bridge, how u string the guitar and so on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's a Metal guitar, designed for Metal lead playing only. So naturally, the people who fit that need would cream on the thing.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
thanks jenny.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jj1565
nah, a good bolt on is just as good if not better than a set neck or neck thru.

the main difference being the sustain, which is very similar if we are talking about better than intermediate here.

bolt on's also have the advantage of neck swapping.

tuning stability = tuners, nut, bridge, how u string the guitar and so on.

agreed but its not a good bolt on neck, its a cheap ass one, and they wont let it go out of tune completely you know? but they are still not as good as a neck thru, its the best if youre picky about your neck and your gonna change it later on...and im not talking about that, personally i like the neck thru,
you can experiment with your neck,and if you **** up, then you can always fix it up, if its a bolt on,but still i wudnt pay for that ltd, id rather get an edwards, but i havent seen one in any canadian websites or anything,
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by sum_ugly_man
agreed but its not a good bolt on neck, its a cheap ass one,

well i dont see why u'd be comparing a cheap bolt on to a neck thru (which are never cheap.) it doesnt mean the neck is what's causing the guitar to go out of tune.
on a cheap guitar it's the other things i listed.

and they wont let it go out of tune completely you know? but they are still not as good as a neck thru,

honestly, i really dont know what u're talking about. maybe the guy at ur store told you a bolt on throws a tuning off a bit. but that's just sales talk.

its the best if youre picky about your neck and your gonna change it later on

i guess here u mean a bolt on.

...and im not talking about that, personally i like the neck thru, you can experiment with your neck,and if you **** up, then you can always fix it up,

you cant. you cant mess with a neck thru.

and im not trying to pick on you here. i'm hoping figure this out for you. because i think someone's been feeding you some bad info.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
well i dont see why u'd be comparing a cheap bolt on to a neck thru (which are never cheap.) it doesnt mean the neck is what's causing the guitar to go out of tune.
on a cheap guitar it's the other things i listed.

honestly, i really dont know what u're talking about. maybe the guy at ur store told you a bolt on throws a tuning off a bit. but that's just sales talk.

i guess here u mean a bolt on.

you cant. you cant mess with a neck thru.

and im not trying to pick on you here. i'm hoping figure this out for you. because i think someone's been feeding you some bad info.

yes sales talk is bad, im gonna go off for the night, im kinda hungover and shud stop posting for good, my head hurts, i threw up twice last night, and my asshole hurts, and thanks jenny and every1, BUT NECK THRUS rule, im a bolt on-ist, dont like them
Page 1 of 2