Page 1 of 2
ok, so been with my girlfriend for a really long time now, and I really love her and could definitely marry her when I'm done with college, but anyways, I was at a party once, got kinda drunk and slept with someone else, next morning woke up...oh ****, what happened. My gf has been cheated on before and says that if I ever cheated on her and she found out, she would leave me, and I really don't want her to leave, so I'm torn between telling her and not. I know I probably should...but...what would you guys do? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=11#
Confused
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
ya, that's what I thought...
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

Quote by Vantage
idk why there's a link...but it was like a month ago, I've been tearing(like ripping, not crying) up about it, and figure I have to do something.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

Quote by Vantage
I wasn't trying to be harsh with my post, but you should tell her, you shouldn't hide stuff if your like me it will just eat at you until you tell her anyway. Also its better to hear from you than possibly someone else.
what she doesnt know can't hurt her.... just don't do it again
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
wow you must really love her you got 'kinda drunk' and slept with someone else. i've been completely blind and still known exactly what i was doing and wouldn't forget about a partner i loved. i'd give you advice but i don't feel sorry for you at all.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Don't tell her, but if it was me I would tell her. I wouldn't be able to live with it. If you tell her she might tell you about the night she spent with another man and you'll be even.
High as tits
ok...that's what I'll do, what's really weird and awkward is this girl who I was drunk with is like my best friend, who now has a boyfriend, and we go on double dates and stuff all the time.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

Quote by Vantage
being drunk is no excuse for cheating. You deserve whatever negative comes your way.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
why not become swingers with other couple and solve the problem?
i don't think i would tell her...alcohol was involved, you immediatly regreted it, you've spent over a month worried about it

the only reason you should tell her is if you think she would find out otherwise...in that case it's much better if she hears it from you

if not, it's probably best left unsaid

still...i have no respect for those who cheat
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
well look at it in this point of view, you tell her now, she leaves, you cry, you get drunk and get laid
marry her, she finds out, takes alot of your money, leaves, you get drunk, and puke all over some other chick you were trying to boink.....i'd just tell her, but don't say you "slept" with someone else, say you got a little intimate but nothing happend
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by divid3d
wow you must really love her you got 'kinda drunk' and slept with someone else. i've been completely blind and still known exactly what i was doing and wouldn't forget about a partner i loved. i'd give you advice but i don't feel sorry for you at all.

+1

1)Don't get so drunk.
2)I've never got how people lose ALL self-control when drunk. I lose it a bit but I wouldn't go and fuck someone else if I intended to marry my current girlfriend. That's a bit stupid.
Honesty is the best policy, basically, you telling her is much better than her finding out from somewhere else
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
She sounds like a nice enough girl. She doesn't deserve to be lied to. And you'll go to hell, too.
This is why you just shouldn't drink at all in a relationship.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
well, I am kinda dumbassy at times...well...a lot of the time...
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

Quote by Vantage
tell her, i will hurt both of you now, but it would be nothing compared to if you hide it from her and she finds out later
Quote by tommyt
Honesty is the best policy, basically, you telling her is much better than her finding out from somewhere else

+1 to this as well. She will find out somehow, you have a better chance if you come clean and apologise. A LOT.
well the longest relationships are based on lies, you see if you are always truthful, then youre screwed,but if youre not then your screwed as well, its girls man, try this approach, tell her, that you did this, if she dusnt take it good tell her that youre kidding and burst out saying "psych"

and i donno man...youre between a rock and a hard place(is that a real proverb?)
Quote by Isogrifo
well, I am kinda dumbassy at times...well...a lot of the time...

i don't think you know what love is.

at least be honest with her about it now, you've been unfair enough to your girlfriend already.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Just tell her, and why weren't you with her whilst you were drunk.
Peiople that say alcohol was the cause of their actions make me angry, its your fault for getting drunk.
dude, girls cant be relaly stubborn sometimes, as soon as they hear slept, they get mad, and this dude loves her, so man, all i can say is all the best, i really hope it works out for you, and i think you shud tell her, itll be better to hear it from you than hearing it from some1 else...and how old are you?
How long exactly have you been together? If your idea of a really long time is like 6 months or something, then you really need to reconsider your feelings towards this girl. Otherwise I'd just come out and tell her, it'll tear you apart from the inside otherwise.
I'd probably tell her. You wouldn't want to go on with a relationship if you have such a feeling of guilt all the time. You pretty much butt-****ed yourself on that one.
Nikolas
First off dont drink and you wont have this sort of problem. Drinking always leads to bad things. Its gonna be hard, but you should tell her and as much as you dont want her to leave, you dont deserve to be with her anymore anyway. She needs to know. Its hard to say how to tell her, but you should maybe start with,"I want you to know that i love you and i cant imagine life without you, but i did something that i regret and i dont know if i even deserve to be talking to you right now because of it." or something like that. I know that i would be crying through the whole thing so if you really love her like you say you do then you might cry as well. Who knows, maybe she'll forgive you. and remember, if she doesnt find out about it, she wont know, but you will and the guilt will smother you like so many wet blankets.
i agree with the ppls saying its better to hear it from you than someone else
lying isnt good.. and my girls been cheated on (the BF before me) and she says if i ever cheated on her she doesnt know if shes leave me or not..
but the point im trying to get through is that if i were in ur shoes right about now, id go prepair some kind of lead in that'll ease it out instead of a big BANG
well.. if all of thats possible that is
oh and another thing dude.. do it IRL, and start to cry halfway through.. it'll convey more of the 'im a douchebag and i dont deserve you but i love you anyways so please forgive me' thing
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Ask your self if it was really the alcohol that caused it.... or it was just you... I have been black out wasted before (twice in the period i have been dating my current gf) and chicks have hit on me and I have never done anything with any of them. Completely faithful to my girlfriend, but I don't get that drunk anymore because I wouldn't want anything to happen. If you care about her that much don't put yourself in jeopardy.

since it already happened... you can look at it 2 ways: telling her the truth would be noble and she deserves to know, but she will always remember that and it may mess you guys up. If you don't tell her you will still know, but she won't so she won't feel different about you, however if she finds out from someone else you would really be ****ed.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
sometimes it's best that people don't know but it is best to tell her
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
she's gonna cheat on you; even if you dont tell her. karmas a Bi***
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
We all got skeletons in our closet we'll carry to our graves.
Tell her...if she really loves you she'll forgive you...but you may never have her trust again. Then she'll call you all the time to see where you are. Or she'll just go EVERYWHERE with you to make sure you don't screw up again. She'll be like a siamese twin that was surgically seperated but just can't seem to be apart.
Or, she'll totally ditch your ass and you can cry in your beer for awhile and get over her. Then move on and find someone else. And don't screw up this time.
Quote by Isogrifo
ok...that's what I'll do, what's really weird and awkward is this girl who I was drunk with is like my best friend, who now has a boyfriend, and we go on double dates and stuff all the time.

dude that must suck.
But if you do tell your gf, tell her the love part aswell from the first post. It might sway her your way
Tell her....................... but if she cuts your **** off don't come crying to us
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by RageAgainst...
i don't think i would tell her...alcohol was involved, you immediatly regreted it, you've spent over a month worried about it

the only reason you should tell her is if you think she would find out otherwise...in that case it's much better if she hears it from you

if not, it's probably best left unsaid

still...i have no respect for those who cheat

Well, if you think your relationship's going to stay long-term and your friendship with this other girl's gonna stay, then chances are some random event will occur that makes your friend blurt it out.

So tell her.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
TELL HER YOU ****FACE!!!

If she forgives you, you know you two'll be able to get through anything
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
i like my answer better
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Seriously... Tell her, if she leaves you, then she wasnt ment to be. But it just sounds like she's insecure because she cheated on you first.
Page 1 of 2