This all began about 2 months ago, i saved up some cash, and decided to buy a new guitar. I was a bit picky, but i also know wat i want: aFloyd tremolo system (LFR/OFR), high gain pickups, neck through, HAD to be suitable for metal, and it had to be a nice guitar.
So after a fair bit of research, the neckthrough ones were WAY out of my price range ($700-$900 Canadian). My lockal shop had a DKMGT Dinky, which has a trans-red flame maple top, EMG 85-81, reverse headstock, shark-eye inlays, but it was string through.
I made the decision that i wanted the floyd version of the guitar. It retails at around $1000 +taxes, but at my local shop, theres like 10-20% discount on everything, and i ended up paying $857 with taxes, which is really good.
so i ordered it, it was supossed to ship the next week, and get here the week after that. But it never came. Word of advice to everybody, if you can avoid it, don't ship purolator. Anyways, heree i am about 2 months later, finally have my guitar, looks and sounds great.
So i thoguht i'd share some pics with you guys, because it's a truely beautiful guitar, the nicest i've ever seen on a non-custom shop guitar, so here it is
(and thats not the case that came with it)

isn't my moms couch just beautiful? lol

sorry for the bad quality pics, i don't own a digital camera (i spend my money on more musical things) so i used the built in iSight in my MacBook, i'll try and borrow a digi-cam soon to take some good pics, or if you guys want i could make a little video demo of the sound and the features and such.
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
very nice
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
never had em before, but i'm probably gonna swap out the bridge and put a dimebucker in, or some other duncan, i just really wanted an 85
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
never had em before, but i'm probably gonna swap out the bridge and put a dimebucker in, or some other duncan, i just really wanted an 85

Put the 85 thats in the neck in bridge. I did this on my Charvel and love it. As for the guitar, that finish looks really good.
nice, my dad works for apple so goodjob on that lol.
Anyways, i've got the DKMG as well, but i bought it for 600 USD blemished(most are over 800 USD, not sure what that is in canada), it's got one tiny scratch which noone can see unless they look on the back of it, but mine was the plain satin black, yours looks cooler. I was thinking about schecters too since i like mahogany better than alder, but oh well i guess i'll have a slightly brighter unique tone than the rest of the metal people.

mine didn't come with a case though..eventually i'll save up and get one lol. I use my crappy soft case which came with my first guitar-a walmart yamaha.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Good score!! Those compound radius fretboards are hard to beat. Get them set up right, nice and low and you're off!
If you're gonna put Duncans in it, I'd like to suggest the Distortion for the bridge, and I'll tell you why:
Alot of people fall for the Dimebucker thinking 'cause Dimebag used it, it has to be bad ass, right?? BUT, if you look carefully on the website you'll see both the Distortion and the Dimebucker are both ceramic. Their resistance is measured in k's. Resonant peak is another factor. Let's compare:
Dimebucker: DC resistance: 16.25k
Resonant peak: 5.1

Distortion: DC resistance: 16.60k
Resonant peak: 6.5

Well, would you look at that?? The Distortion is actually a little more powerful!! I have one in my Gibson Les Paul and let me tell you it's a beast. Get the really heavy distortion going and it's crunch time. They handle drop D tunings very well.
In the end, it's your decision. But don't be charmed by something with someone's name tacked on it.
Quote by fretboarddragon
Good score!! Those compound radius fretboards are hard to beat. Get them set up right, nice and low and you're off!
If you're gonna put Duncans in it, I'd like to suggest the Distortion for the bridge, and I'll tell you why:
Alot of people fall for the Dimebucker thinking 'cause Dimebag used it, it has to be bad ass, right?? BUT, if you look carefully on the website you'll see both the Distortion and the Dimebucker are both ceramic. Their resistance is measured in k's. Resonant peak is another factor. Let's compare:
Dimebucker: DC resistance: 16.25k
Resonant peak: 5.1

Distortion: DC resistance: 16.60k
Resonant peak: 6.5

Well, would you look at that?? The Distortion is actually a little more powerful!! I have one in my Gibson Les Paul and let me tell you it's a beast. Get the really heavy distortion going and it's crunch time. They handle drop D tunings very well.
In the end, it's your decision. But don't be charmed by something with someone's name tacked on it.

well i'm not getting fooled by someones name, in fact even tho Dime was endorsed by duncan, he still used Bill Lawrence pickups in most of his guitars, but i just like the look, i was thinking either geting the bill lawrence or the dimebucker, but the dimebucker has his sig on it, and i might be turning my ibanez (crappy jumpstart) into a dime trubute guitar, so if i don't like the sound of the pickup in the jackson, put it in the ibanez, and i'll end up buying a '59 for the neck, and put a razorblade paintjob on the back
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Hey, if you like the look, do it!!! There's really not that much of a difference, but you know how some people are...they gotta have the biggest and baddest.
I knew a guy that had an actual Bill Lawrence in a Strat and he ran it thru a Mesa Dual Rectifier. Couldn't control it, and it was feedback central constantly. Didn't last in the band long 'cause he only wanted to play it one way..gain cranked and loud as he could.
lol well my gain is at like 6 cuz of the EMGs, but on my ibanez, i'd have to crank the gain to get good tone
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
I didnt kno u could wire an Acive EMG and a Passive Duncan together. Looks nice, but i dont like the inlays much. Sharkfins look alot cooler on a metal guitar imo. And Dime used a Bill Lawrence 500xl with tape on the sides, like black electrical tape i think. Look at those super-expensive CFH Dime guitars for the actual model.
Quote by qotsa1998
I didnt kno u could wire an Acive EMG and a Passive Duncan together.

well i'm pretty sure you can do it, but i'll go ask in the gear customization to see before i do anything
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by CJRocker
Put the 85 thats in the neck in bridge. I did this on my Charvel and love it. As for the guitar, that finish looks really good.

I'm planning on doing this to my DKMGT, but I've got a question.
Do you have an 81 in the neck? If so, how does it sound?
Quote by 1010011010
I'm planning on doing this to my DKMGT, but I've got a question.
Do you have an 81 in the neck? If so, how does it sound?

Sounds a bit warmer, and is decent for cleans, but to be honest I don't use it much so I couldn't give you an in depth review of how it sounds there. It doesn't sound bad, I just don't use it at all.
Quote by qotsa1998
I didnt kno u could wire an Acive EMG and a Passive Duncan together.

you definetely can. I had a friend who had a BC Rich who installed a Bill Lawrence L500XL in the neck (we went in together for a set, I got the bridge) and a Duncan Livewire Metal pup in his bridge. the only problem was that he only had two control knobs, so they were both dedicated to volume. no tone control.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!