Have you absolutely fallen in love with a bass that you can totally afford but for some reason you chicken out and regret it later?

I was in a little music shop about three years ago and I found an early 80s Fender American Precision for $650. Besides some small scrapes by the input jack, it was friggin amazing looking. Pale blue finish, white pick guard. Sounded so smooth and it played like an extension of myself. I sat there for probably 45 minutes just in my own world playing this bass and somehow I walked out of the shop without it.

I hate myself for not buying that Precision. For my sake and my balls' sake, I wish I hadn't chickened out and just bought it. It would have sounded so good with me playing it. What about you guys? Ever done that yourselves?
something similar happened to me but instead of not buying it,i bought the wrong instrument...

it was time to buy my first electric and i had a choice b/w the yamaha erg 121 package and the esp (dont remember which) package...i chose the yamaha just cause it was black and my friend had the same one and because i was too damn excited to try out everything
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
I haven't done that before.I think the funniest thing is,I own a bass pretty much as you just described it.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Weren't early 80's Fenders the worst Fenders ever made? Which caused a group of private investors to buy the company in the hopes they would stop making such crap? That's aroung 82.

If it was after Fender was bought out, there were some nice instruments being built.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
There was a five string Vintage in the pawn shop once for forty quid, and I wanted to buy it so bad but didn't have forty quid. When I went to check a few weeks after they'd raised it by a hundred

And yeah, I know for certain it had been forty before. I didn't miss the one.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
theres nothing i regret not buy but i regret selling my maverick B2 even though the neck wasn't great for me the tone was outstanding
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
No, and thats how I've come home with a few purchases that raised a few eyebrows in our house, the newest being the Stingray. (I came home with an Ampeg amp about 10 days before that, btw). My lack of self control (or regrets) currently has me banned from even breathing in the direction of the bass guitars in my local shop, lol. But even the spouse admitted the Stingray was the deal of the century and I had made a great impulse buy.
Happens frequently. Though that's because my money has priorities other than music, I pay my education.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
ummmmmm i saw an ibenez GSR for $30 in okay shape i could afford but did not have cash WITH me when i came back bass was gone. it would have been AWSOME to have a $30 bass i can drag around and sling around and not really care about it's safety too much.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
An old 80's Aria SB1000 Pro w/ clear gloss over the wood. Beautiful, and for around $350.
Quote by anarkee
No, and thats how I've come home with a few purchases that raised a few eyebrows in our house, the newest being the Stingray. (I came home with an Ampeg amp about 10 days before that, btw). My lack of self control (or regrets) currently has me banned from even breathing in the direction of the bass guitars in my local shop, lol. But even the spouse admitted the Stingray was the deal of the century and I had made a great impulse buy.

we must be soul-mates or something. I buy impulsively, get good deals, and am constantly broke!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez