Alright, basically, I have a 1990 Jackson SL1 Snakeskin guitar, a 5150 head, a ****ty marshall cab.

I was thinking of swapping my friend $200 + my 5150 head for his Lightning Sky RR1 (Pre-Fender)

Anyone think it's a good deal on my end? The only problem with the RR1 is that there's a crack near the locking nut..It doesn't effect the playing but obviously the value.

Help?
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
That's a terrible idea. What's the point of having two great guitars if you have no amp to play them through?
I agree with the people above me, that isn't a good trade at all.

Just put the 200 towards a new cab...
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I have a few practice amps.. =\
Current Gear :
no.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Aw no way, man. The RR's are cool, but don't give up the 5150. Try a different cab...there's gotta be something else out there that head will sound better thru.
Are you not happy with your amp? You say you have a ****ty cab, so why not put more money towards that?
Really....there's such a wide variety of cabs to try. There's something out there that'll make that 5150 sound like the bad bitch it is. Go that route instead.
I love the head, that's not the problem. When I get money in the future (If I do this deal) I'm definitely buying another one. I planned on getting a Marshall 1960V cab, but this guitar sort of has my eye.
Current Gear :
Sell your practice amps, add that to your $200 and get a better cab. And don't buy into that pre-fender bs.