i love the look of this
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_p_bass_special_rw_spm.htm
but i cant find a proper fender version of it
so would it be worth buying & replacing the pickups in it to better ones?
or will it stilll be a ****ty squier & a waste of money on the pups?
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Man some people are into buying crappy basses and modding them to become pretty decent basses. I personally don't see the point. I would rather have a good bass from the start.
If you can afford it and have the patience, save for an actual Fender if you're that bothered.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I wouldn't buy a bass with the intention of modding it from the start. Dinky's right, save up your cash and get a real Fender P Bass.

However, taking your existing starter or lower end bass and upgrading or modding it can be great experience, and teach you more about how your bass works and how to do your own repairs and upgrades.
You can get a MIM fender version, they cost $600. Look on MF or at Guitarcenter . you can search it as "p-bass special"

edit* the mexican fender even has active electronics , I'd definately just buy that if you really want a p-bass special.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by anarkee
I wouldn't buy a bass with the intention of modding it from the start. Dinky's right, save up your cash and get a real Fender P Bass.

However, taking your existing starter or lower end bass and upgrading or modding it can be great experience, and teach you more about how your bass works and how to do your own repairs and upgrades.

that kinda wierd.

i had a very bad GK

baught a EBMM stingray

now am modding my old one for the fun of it, to learn how it works better, and for a better sound/feel

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
really it was just the colour scheme & the matching headstock that makes me want it, which i know is a daft thing going on cosmetics alone for a bass
after a bit of searching im going to save for a Fender Big Block P-Bass (which looks amazing!) instead of this idea

thanks for the advice!
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III