When you bend a note on the string, do you have to bend it up too another note in the same scale? I was thinking about it recently, because I just bend up a half step, whole step or whatever, and never thougt it was important too bend to any special note. So, what is right?
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
depends what you want the note to be. you might be thinking about vibrate, where you just keep bending the string up and down quickly, to about a half step up. if you want to bend the string, then you usually do it to a particular note.
You tend to try to bend to another note in the scale...you can also bend notes out of the scale to notes that are in the scale
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
you bend to a note. period. it's your business what the note is, as long as it is one.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
If you go out of key and it sounds off or like a mistake, hit that note again and again. Then your audience won't know the difference.
I say a bend's a good way to time-out when you're dualing because you can clearly reach different notes that usually sound good since they increase the pitch of the note and or run out of the scale to reach a whole different note
Check out the instructional video "Melodic Control" by Marty Friedman, I think it's still on google video. He covers this topic quite well, has some interesting ideas.