I've got a birthday coming up in a few months and I'm thinking of getting a new amp to replace my crappy MG30DFX.

I want something that is:
All tube
Between £200 and £300
not too loud (my band broke up and I'll only need this one for practicing at home)
Quite versatile. I mainly play classic rock and 80's metal/thrash but i occasionally stray into other genres

recently I've been looking at this amp (i know this one ends soon, but this guy sells these amps pretty regularly on eBay)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAT-HOTROD-EPIPHONE-VALVE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitemZ140157706301QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
does anyone own one of these? can i get something better for my cash?
all help appreciated
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
get a laney gh50l on ebay or somthing

for around £250, it is just the head though, then get a marshall 1936 2 X12 cab

anyhow, the laney is amazing, it is far better han any marsahll apart from the jcm 800, which it basically is a copy of but with more gain!

i love it
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Peavey Windsor?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm pretty limited on space so i only have enough room for a combo
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
yeah, they're coming in combo form i think october
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

any idea on price?
Quote by FunkasPuck
around £200 i think. you'd need to try it, though, as it might not sound the same as the head.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah +1
I wasn't sure about the price, so I kinda left thread
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?