Well, I bought the amp used from the guitar center about a year ago and its had this problem since I bought it... I should have cranked it up in the store... but anywayz...

Basically at high volumes I get this really loud buzzing sound, like if you had a cable plugged into the amp, and you touch the end of it. I never really messed with it much, but recently I decided I want to sell it, and if I can fix it, I could get a good bit more for it.

Basically I know know much about amps, and I dont mind soldering, I just dont wanna solder directly to the circuit board from fear of messing it up. But if its just a cable on the input jack I can handle that.

But from what I figure, the loud volumes cause a lot of vibration and somehow the wires get crossed, the ground from the hot... or something. But I have no idea if this is correct. Im just wondering about yalls opinions and suggestions, as always thanks.

*EDIT*
A buddy of mine was over who graduated tech as an electrical engineer. But fender put these housing things on their input jacks. So the only way to really see is to remove everything and take out the board and honestly im to scarred of ****ing something up.

But the input cable is more loose then the others, not horribly, but a little, I cant think of what else it could be, any suggestions would be great
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Sep 22, 2007,
meh i guess my guess is as good as yours, haha