So i'm going to be going down to the states in a while and I may be getting this from guitar ceter in minneapolis...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_65_deluxe_reverb_combo_amp?full_sku=100243765

but what I am tryin to find out is what kind of tax it will have on it (like federal tax, state tax, etc), and the final price in USD after all these taxes. Please help out an uninformed Canadian!

Hawk
well, what i do to figure out tax is get the price, in your case $850, then i add tax. now where i live, it's 8.25 cents to a dollar, so i just round up to a dollar. So the easy way to do it is to take away the last zero to anything you purchase and you will get a roughestimate. So, if I bought that here in texas, it would cost about $935, again thats a rough estimate.

hope that helps

EDIT: Minnesota has like a 7% sales tax, so it will be even cheaper, I would still bring like $950 just in case you want something else
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Last edited by senor_penguin at Sep 22, 2007,
why don't you just buy online and bypass tax completely?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
He has a point^
EDIT: to miggy
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
Last edited by Guitartv at Sep 22, 2007,
you realize he was talking to me right wizards??
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
^if it's a 65 deluxe reverb you can be almost sure you'll like it anyway
and for something that well known you could always listen to sound clips on youtube or something
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage