amp to boss ds-1 distortion pedal.
boss ds-1 distortion pedal to guitar.

for the 2nd one, i'm just gonna go witha $15 or so monster cable, somewhere around 12-15 feet, whatever I can get that works and is decent.

for the first one, i need to know, how cheap can i get one that will work but not be crappy, and about how long? Around 5 feet or so?

oh and, for a boss ds-1 which is battery powered, can i buy a plug that will plug it into a power outlet? and how much will that be around?

thanks a ton.
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Don;t be cheap with cables. I've had some cheap ones, they just crap out after a while. If you want to save money and aren't playing gigs, buy shorter ones. And for the adapter ya you can buy a power adapter.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
well the cable i had was a pretty alright one till i bent it by dropping my old amp on it, haha.

i can't recall what brand it was, but it was like 15 feet for like 17 bucks and it worked just fine, so that's really all i'm looking for.
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
a $15 monster cable

hahahahaha

they are way more expensive than that
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by JesseLaceyIsGod

wow thats intense. the guitar shops where i live have them marked up x3

iluinternet
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I think Monster cables are over rated, I use planet waves they are great cables for the money IMO. Very very durable and well built.

And like the other poster said, don't cheap out on cables they can diminish the sound because after all your sound can only be as good as its weakest link. If you have to buy a used planet waves cable on ebay.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
I have a question about cables as well. I am buying new cables soon and I want to get some that will actually last. I was looking around today and saw a couple that looked good. I saw some of the Monster Cable Monster Rock's and some of the Mogami Gold's. Out of the two which is better? And if you think there is a better cable than either one of these, go ahead and shout it out. I'm looking for a couple straight-angled cables if that makes any difference.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
Planet Waves come with a lifetime guarantee if you have the receipt/invoice and you didn't buy secondhand. That and they're the same price as other cables roughly.
Who cares really about being stingy when it comes to your damn guitar CABLES. We're talking about a few dollars here.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Who cares really about being stingy when it comes to your damn guitar CABLES. We're talking about a few dollars here.

Was that comment for or against purchasing a quality cable?
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.