Harmonics maybe?

Edit : I should have watched the video
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Last edited by johnny_tapia at Sep 22, 2007,
Ehh, slide? Whammy bar?

EDIT: Nevermind, I watched the video. I can definitely hear a whammy pedal used there.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Like Kutanmoogle said, you can use effects pedals to raise your tone. Also, to hit high notes you can use the edge of your pickup (for most kinds, some of them don't work) as a higher fret. I'm not sure exactly what fret it reaches up to if you do that--it obviously depends on the placing of the guitar and whatnot--but it definitely hits a high note.
I completely agree. He is clearly using a Whammy pedal on that song.
if you look at his hands at all, which would be a good idea, then you would realize he was above the 21st fret the whole time, so maybe overdrive, reverb, and a wah wah, that would be my guess
Quote by jimmy8778
if you look at his hands at all, which would be a good idea, then you would realize he was above the 21st fret the whole time, so maybe overdrive, reverb, and a wah wah, that would be my guess

he's not above the 21 fret the whole time, open your eyes next time u watch a video
1997 Gibson les paul standard
fender jag-stang
1985 ibanez pro line series
marshall tsl 60
danelectro free speech talkbox
boss me-50
boss ac2 acoustic simulator
boss ds1
boss chorus ensemble
boss mt2 metal zone
dunlop orginal wah
uuuhhh, Gilmour has such a nice style and sound..... most surdenly one of the best guitarist still alive......

and it IS a WHAMMY pedal...... I own one myself...... if you listen closely you can hear when he uses it...... it has a very distinct trebly sound to it.....

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
ok thanks for the help. Ill have to get a whammy pedal sometime. Im glad i didnt try to force the string down onto the pickup.
why listen when you can clearly see him using it shouldn't this topic be locked it has been answered quite a few times
if it is on anything but the 1st string you could play the note but not on that fret. sounds like someone is just messing around with you
they call og or nothing at all!!
yeah definitely a whammy pedal
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia