At the moment I play guitar through quite possibly the worst amp in the world, and would like to move up to something better and bigger (and trust me, just about any thing is better than this amp) but I'm also the singer in my band and don't play any instruments within the band. Right now you can barely hear my during practice, at gigs its ok because we usualy have a band with us that have a PA. But I'm planning on buying a Keyboard amp, probably this one:
Laney ah 100

At home i want to run my guitar through this with a distortion pedal.

I'd like to point out this is out of necessity and I'm aware that it'll never be up to the standards of an amp designed specifically for guitar.

But basically what should i expect, if anything at all?
If it doesnt need a midi input you should be good to go tbh. It will just be alot clearer seeing as theres no colouration to the tone of your guitar.
Quote by beckyjc
If it doesnt need a midi input you should be good to go tbh. It will just be alot clearer seeing as theres no colouration to the tone of your guitar.

An amp having a midi input would make absolutely no sense.

A guitar is a high impedance device, and I believe a keyboard or a synth are not. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) I would advise against it.

Actually, you could use a direct injection box to make the signal safe to go through the amp, although I'm not sure how that would sound.
Quote by beckyjc
Well a keyboard amp could easily have a Midi imput. My keyboard has a midi output.

MIDI isn't sound at all. It's a standard through which MIDI devices (ie. keyboards, synthesizers, samplers, sequencers, etc.) communicate with each other. For example, a sequencer could control a synthesizer or a drum machine using MIDI.

An amplifier would have no use for midi at all.
Yep, midi isn't sound, but more like directions for the keyboard or pc to produce certain sounds from it's sound banks.

The only reason amps would have midi inputs would be for controlling effects/channels and what not.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
i can play my keyboard through a guitar amp but im not sure if the reverse would work.
Quote by troykeenan
i can play my keyboard through a guitar amp but im not sure if the reverse would work.

If your keyboard has a 1/4 out then yes, it would work.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra