Hey UG, i just rented the movie "Deathproof", 1 one of the 2 movies from Grindhouse, and i was wondering (for the people who have seen it) is it good? i'm going to watch it later tonight with a couple of friends, and I was just wondering.
Camilla Choads.
you'll hate it. i loved it. it was like a 60s-70s exploitation movie whereas rodriguez's was a neo-exploitation film more akin to over-the-top troma movies of the mid-80s and onward. after the ridiculous splatter flick it was hard to watch death proof. it's not a bad movie, it's bad when juxtaposed with planet terror. seeing death proof after planet terror was like reading the old man and the sea after mad magazine.

watch the old biker flicks from the 60s and 70s or even "straight up" horror flicks like last house on the left and see which one is more like them: DP or PT.
#DTWD
it was allright i guess. it comes off as a female empowerment flick though.... of course so did the kill bills and they were great.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by primusfan
you'll hate it. i loved it. it was like a 60s-70s exploitation movie whereas rodriguez's was a neo-exploitation film more akin to over-the-top troma movies of the mid-80s and onward. after the ridiculous splatter flick it was hard to watch death proof. it's not a bad movie, it's bad when juxtaposed with planet terror. seeing death proof after planet terror was like reading the old man and the sea after mad magazine.

watch the old biker flicks from the 60s and 70s or even "straight up" horror flicks like last house on the left and see which one is more like them: DP or PT.

What is that, the word of the day?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
What is that, the word of the day?

actually it means to put two things side by side. you must be thinking of mot du jour.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
actually it means to put two things side by side.

Yes I know, but I've never heard anyone use it before
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Pretty_Much
Hey UG, i just rented the movie "Deathproof", 1 one of the 2 movies from Grindhouse, and i was wondering (for the people who have seen it) is it good? i'm going to watch it later tonight with a couple of friends, and I was just wondering.

Is this my buddy Mike?

If not, then it's a really weird coincidence that you rented it at the exact same time as him. But anyways, I personally enjoyed the movie.
I loved it, but few people seem to agree with me.

I liked it better than Planet Terror, actually.
it was decent, but definitely wasnt one of his best. if it had been directed by almost ANYONE else i would have rated it as -1pha1lz0rz, but seeing as i like tarantino, ill give it a "decent."