Page 1 of 2
Alright, I Need some help on Buying pedals...Price is Not a Problem.

The Pedals I was looking for are...:

Chorus

Delay

Distortion-EHX USA Big Muff Pi Clicky This is what I'm going for atm.

Wah- Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah-Wah Clicky This is what I'm going for atm.

Thanks
Last edited by I Be Andyy at Sep 22, 2007,
Chorus: EHX Small Clone
Delay: Boss DD-6
Distortion: get overdrive. Fulltone OCD
Wah: Fulltone clyde Deluxe or RMC Picture Wah.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
For chorus and delay and distortion you cant go wrong with Boss pedals there cheap and sound great, Tubescreamers are great for distortion too, and a crybaby wah is always a good choice if not a crybaby go with morley, but personally i think you should get the Line 6 floor pod plus it has all that and more and is only $300 so its all good.
Distortion, id go with boss metalcore, ibanez smashbox, or digitech death metal

wah, id go with crybaby from hell, or zakk wylde wah

for chorus and delay, you cant go wrong with BOSS

but honestly you should try out all these pedals for yourself, and never rule out pedalboard as an option, the boss ME-50 is good in my opinion

Edit: ahah Yngvanvaiani, same opinion on boss
wt style?
because......
it matters alot with distortion
cs if you get the heaviest pedal around your screwed if you wna play arctic monkeys and oasis
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
maybe an overdrive pedal is best for you... umm.. check out the ME-50 honestly.. it has some distortions on there you might like
iommi used fuzz if im rite....
but tbh you cant go wrong with ds-1 for black sabbath, i use it n im happy

but if your wantin heavier go for the metalzone
anything heavier will just muddy up your sound and give 9 times more feedback
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
no to boss pedals. Absolutely no, much better pedals are out there for the price. People get them just because others do and it seems like the "industry standard"

Distortion-EHX Double Muff or ProCo Rat
Chorus-EHX Small Clone
Delay-Tech 21 Boost D.L.A., T-Rex Replica, or Deluxe Memory Man
Wah-RMC Picture or Wizard Wah
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I'd go EHX for everything. Except delay you should try the Boss Delay, or Line 6 delay.
And for wah, try a vox was. DO NOT BUY AN ORIGINAL CRY BABY. Those things are not good at all.

And if you'r looking for heavy distortion, go with the EHX Metal Muff. If you want distortion that can go from jimi hendrix to NOFX, go for the original muff. Also try the
Ibanez/Maxon Tube Screamer along with your amp distortion. I've heard it's a wonder.
Chorus - TC Electronics Chorus+Pitch Shifter and Flanger

Delay - Eventide Time Factor

Distortion - Radial Tri-Mode, Radial Tonebone or Xotic BB Preamp

Wah - Depends on what you want. I'll probably build my next wah (wah+overdrive), but I prefer the Dunlop 535Q wah. My experience with Morley says they're garbage. RMC is also tops in the field.
Alright I think I know what chorus and delay pedals i want..But i'm not sure, Somebody want to help me with this one?

Chorus

Delay

Thanks

(And for those of you who haven't bothered to look up a bit,

Distortion-EHX USA Big Muff Pi Clicky This is what I'm going for at the moment.

Wah- Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah-Wah Clicky This is what I'm going for at the moment.)

^Note, that isn't directed to anybody in particular, I'm Just saying
Last edited by I Be Andyy at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by ECistheBest
Chorus: EHX Small Clone
Delay: Boss DD-6
Distortion: get overdrive. Fulltone OCD
Wah: Fulltone clyde Deluxe or RMC Picture Wah.

+1 except EHX Memory Man with Hazari or Deluxe MM instead of Boss
^lol yea. i forgot about those. but my Delay is a clone of the DD3 with true bypass.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
That's not bad then, but regular Boss pedals have God awful bypass
Quote by RentACar
If you want distortion that can go from jimi hendrix to NOFX, go for the original muff.

this is the kind of misinformation we get when people start name dropping
original muff =/= jimi
carvin sc90
seagull s6

microcube
rivera m60
pod xtl
ive found mxr's wylde overdrive box tyo give great metaly overdrive. **** load of gain, and yes it is a piece of signature gear, with zack wylde (who i absolutely detest's name on it no less but it has a great sound through a slightly overdriven amp (ilike to the point where you get a tiny bit of crunch picking hard and thick cleans picking soft).
Alright..I think I know the Distortion I'm wanting, I'm pretty much positive on the wah, I'm just wanting to know, more or less, if the Chorus and Delay Pedals I have up there are good or not
I just heard the clips for the tonezone by MI Audio, amazing to say the truth. http://www.miaudio.com/TZ3.htm
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by I Be Andyy
Alright, I Need some help on Buying pedals...Price is Not a Problem.

The Pedals I was looking for are...:

Chorus

Delay

Distortion-EHX USA Big Muff Pi Clicky This is what I'm going for atm.

Wah- Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah-Wah Clicky This is what I'm going for atm.

Thanks

I cant believe nobody has asked this yet... but what kinda amp are we workin with here?
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I've heard better =P

Oh and I didn't see your question, Sorry. An Orange Rocker 30
Last edited by I Be Andyy at Sep 23, 2007,
to make it easy for you the delay and chorus come in one pedal. definitely Visual Sound H2O and the EHX deluxe memory man.
Frankly, if you have an unlimited budget, upgrade to an amp that suits the needs of your distortion.

There's no substitute for a good overdrive/distortion that comes from a suitable amp.

But hey if you're still dead set on getting pedals, get good quality ones. Dont settle on standard run of the mill stuff. Check out MI Audio Tubezone and Crunchbox or Tech21 Sansamp GT2 for your distortion needs.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Alright, but I just need to know if my Chorus and Delay Pedals are good o.O Or have someone give me a different Pedal
Alright, Umm, I got another Question, I found a Marshall 2x12 for $400, and a Marshall 4x12 for the Same Price...Is there something wrong with the 4x12? =\

4x12

2x12

Sorry about the double post..I thought I hit edit, lol.
There's nothing wrong with it's just that musicians friend gives really big discounts. But do you actually need a 4X12? That's huge
Quote by Johnonon
no to boss pedals. Absolutely no, much better pedals are out there for the price. People get them just because others do and it seems like the "industry standard"

Ehh, they're not ALL bad, but I agree that there are better for the price for a lot of Boss pedals.

For Chorus, I have no idea, sorry

For Delay, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, it's awesome

For Distortion, Proco Rat maybe, or a modded DS-1 is supposed to be good. If you like the sound of the Big Muff though, go for it!

For Wah, I'm no expert either
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Chorus and Delay: Liquid Sound H2O, Deluxe Memory Man.

Chorus(if you want it seperate): Small stone

Distortion: I would say a fulltone OCD, or if you want something cheaper maybe a TS-9/TS808.

Wah: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe if price is no issue. Otherwise the vox is good.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Hah, whoops. I really thought I wrote small clone.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Alright, Well I got my Pedals All figured out, anyone care to help me on the 4x12 vs 2x12?
I've used the AVT 4x12 cab before and it doesnt sounds very good. Kinda farty sounding
The 2x12 one, i dunno bout that, doesnt even state the model of speakers inside. But do check out the marshall 1960 series cabs. They're the good quality ones. The 1960av has G12/V30 speakers, which I love.
Alrighty, thanks bud.

Edit: But, the 1960's are amazingly expensive...Some of them cost as much as the Orange Head i'm getting...Can anyone suggest a Good & $500 or Lower Cab?
Last edited by I Be Andyy at Sep 24, 2007,
Check out ebay or avatar cabs. Or just simply look out for cabs loaded with celestion G12/Vintage 30. These are quality all round speakers.
Wait just a Tick...the 2x12 Has Celestion Speakers o.O. You sir are confusing me I think

" 2 x 12" 130W cabinet features custom-voiced Celestion speakers, a birch ply baffle and extremely compact size. It operates in either 4 ohms mono or 8 ohms per side in stereo."
Celestion makes a lot of speakers, not just Vintage 30s. And that website doesnt state which speakers its loaded with
Go for an Avatar cab since you're in the US, put some Vintage 30s in it and you're set, awesome cabs and they're cheap, about as much as those Marshalls you're looking at if I'm not mistaken and much better quality and speakers.

For your "distortion" pedal, don't waste your amp on a distortion pedal, get a good overdrive to drive those tubes harder and get you your amps distortion + some.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Page 1 of 2