Momentary SPST switches generally close the circuit, not break it, when you press the button, right? Like with doorbells, etc. What do I need to buy, or do to a standard one in order to use it as a momentary killswitch on my guitar to break the circuit, and cut the signal? Thanks in advance.
I can instal one with just a button or a switch....I don't know how everyone else is doing it but my killswitch works fine without any extra components.
Just get one that closes the circuit and connect one end to ground and one to open.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
forgive my retardation but wtf is a killswitch?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Also known as a standby switch. It's just an on/off switch basically, so you can cut your signal much more quickly than rolling off your volume knob. And create stuttering and flutter tongue-ish (for you brass/wind players out there) sounds
Don't you need the type that leaves the connection on until you break the circuit? A doorbell leaves the connection off until you press it. Seems to me like if it works that way, you won't get any sound without pressing the button first.
Quote by PhoenixFear
Don't you need the type that leaves the connection on until you break the circuit? A doorbell leaves the connection off until you press it. Seems to me like if it works that way, you won't get any sound without pressing the button first.

That's my question
"One note of caution, however: The problem with momentary switches is that in most cases they're "off" by default and only "on" when you press them (think about how your doorbell works). If yours doesn't work (and it's too late to return it), you might be able to modify it, depending on its housing. However, I suspect you can find the right switch. (Thanks to DJ for this idea.)"
well they actually make both kinds of switch. you can find switches that are on-push off and you can find switches that are off-push on. most suppiers/stores will probably have both kinds so you should be be able to find what you want.
Quote by jof1029
well they actually make both kinds of switch. you can find switches that are on-push off and you can find switches that are off-push on. most suppiers/stores will probably have both kinds so you should be be able to find what you want.

is there any way to combine both kinds and be able to change between them?
and if so, how would i go about doing that?
im not exactly sure what you want to do by having both of them. i mean you could have a toggle so they were in parallel and the toggle would select one or the other. then you could flip between the two of them and use whichever you wanted at the time.
Quote by PhoenixFear

What pressing a button does is complete a circut, what I do is connect the ground wire and the hot wire that are connected to the output to the button, if the two wires touch it kills the signal, so by pressing the button and completing the circut the signal is killed.