so i want write music which sounds like bands.

i know there is a book to help is there any websites to help to write music like my chemical romance for example.

i dont want it exactly like mcr but close as its lively and i can play live with feeling and energy

any help would be appreciated.
Sit Down

Write a song about hurting yourself

Cry and be happy

Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Sit Down

Write a song about hurting yourself

Cry and be happy

Lol.

ermm

im not talking about lyrics the music side of things i mean as in guitars.

i cant seem to get a similar sound
Quote by Liam.Iero
Lol.

ermm

im not talking about lyrics the music side of things i mean as in guitars.

i cant seem to get a similar sound

Oh.

Then.
Sit down.
Write down 4 simple chords which you strum over and over
Sit back and be happy.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
^ yeah he's got it. there's no secret or book that tells you how to write a song like you said, you just gotta sit down and play what you want.

and yurfinlfntsy, i finally realized what that thing is in your sig haha
the last thing we need is another knock off of some emo/scene bands. i'm not saying i don't like them, just that we need more original stuff. Music is about expressing yourself and being creative. you can't do that if your trying to be someone else now can you? what i do when i write songs is i just do nothing...until something hits me. sometimes i just wake up at like 3 a.m. in the morning and write for like 30 minutes 'cuz i got an idea, then i'm tired as hell because i only got 4 hours of sleep and i gotta wake up for school....damn
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Erm, which song?

MCR, despite popular belief, do have a tiny bit of range in their style. But, bass a solo around C major Pentatonic scale, play octaves and power chords (as Dirge said) on different guitars, and you have yourself classics MCR.

Why don't you try and make music that sounds like something more experimental?
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Well, what IS the thing in his sig?

Oh, and I agree, play octaves + powerchords, and blatantly simple solos.
Learn a couple of MCR songs and then try tweaking the riffs and leads or little parts of them and you'll find that you can morph it into something original but still has that hint of what it's based off of. That's what I did when I first tried writing songs
The Pit. The Movie.
the thing in his sig is a Shoop Da Whoop L4z0rz (lazer)
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
My sig is drawing more attention than this thread
Quote by Ryan0811
suck dick if you wanna sound like my chemical romance =]

That was pathetically unnecessary and not in the slightest bit funny.

If you want to make lively music, come up with a riff (it doesn't NEED powerchords but on occasion they help). Pretty high tempo helps, and lyrics that seem to chant, like... "STOP! It's happening again!" (recognise teh song?). But really, it's been done so many times before; you'd be very very very lucky to get applause for originality if you played that sort of thing in front of an audience.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?