Okay i have a few ampheads and combos but i fancied trying putting an amphead-(5150) through my mixer direct straight to my (active) mackie srm450s.

Is there any problems with this and how should it sound?. I dont have a DI control on the 5150 its just a speaker out thing like you normally put to a 4x12. Will it blow up!?
Don't do it. Tube amps need a speaker hooked up to run or they burn up. And the signal strength from the speaker out will blow your PA. Leave it hooked up to a cab and use the line-out (if you have one.)
Just mic up your cab that you use with your 5150. Then run that into your mixer or PA. Although theres really no need to hook up a 5150 to a PA unless your gigging for 30,000 people. Your amp should be powerful enough. And if your recording you'll get better sound with a mic'd setup.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Just mic up your cab that you use with your 5150. Then run that into your mixer or PA. Although theres really no need to hook up a 5150 to a PA unless your gigging for 30,000 people. Your amp should be powerful enough. And if your recording you'll get better sound with a mic'd setup.

reason im doing it is to play 2 amps together via an ab box-and blend them into 2 speakers. ive got bass bins as well so i thought i would get a crushing sound. Its a good PA.
Well then I would assume your still going to have to mic your cab on your 5150. If your using tubes, like said before, you have to have a load or dummy load hooked up to keep from burning out your tubes and possibly screwing your amps. Mic them both and then run it into a mixer then out to the PA and off to your other speakers. Split your output signal from your guitar into both amps and just go into a mixer from there. Thats really the only logical answer I can see in your situation.