I have a Traynor Custom Valve 50 Blue (all tube) but when I play sometimes the volume will get lower, but eventually it will come back to its original level. Could this be caused by old tubes (I've had the amp almost a year now and use it daily) or is this something else?
i had no idea tubes could last for a whole year. so yea, its old tubes. change em, rebias em, and youll be good.
^if you dont have it on for hours every day it should last at least a year

and i would say its probably new tube time
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
The average life is around 1-2 years powertubes and preamps like 2-4. Somtimes they can last for many years though. It all depends on physics.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Volume fluctuation is a classic symptom of failing power tubes.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by qotsa1998
i had no idea tubes could last for a whole year. so yea, its old tubes. change em, rebias em, and youll be good.

They can actually last very long. I know people who have had the same tubes in their amps for yeeeaaars.

Mostly likely you power tubes...Preamp ones can last forever.
New tubes:
http://tubestore.com/ne-el34.html

That'll be a hell of an improvement over your stock tubes, too...
Possibly tubes, my amps all have tubes that are mostly several years old and still going strong, the power tube in my Champ has been in it for around 10 years.

If possible, find out if a shop in your area is set up to test tubes, some repair techs and electronics nutz still have testers. If that's not possible, maybe someone can loan you a set to test with for a half hour, swap one at a time and see if it makes a difference, or maybe a shop can check it for you,

When my Super Reverb was dropping volume, it wouldn't come back and new tubes made no difference. It turned out the capacitors were all over 30 years old and either drying out or just wearing out. Since I replaced them I'm still using the tubes that came with it.

Weak tubes would still be what I would suspect first.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...