You guys remember the episode of Chappelle's Show with John Mayer about if white people can or can't dance? Am I the only one who thought John Mayer sounded awesome in his first scene in that episode. Every so often I find myself finding that episode and watching it just for the scene he plays in the business office.

Any of you share the same thought?
My favorite of the three things he played was the blues solo he did in the black barber shop. Way funny when the guy goes "Hey Yo! Shut the F*** up!"
The "fight riff" wasn't that great, but mainly because Fender amps aren't known for their overdrive.
Quote by teegee420
The "fight riff" wasn't that great, but mainly because Fender amps aren't known for their overdrive.

are you kidding? fender overdrive is legendary. if you mean gain then you would be correct, but their overdrive is damn near perfect.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
My goal because of that episode is to play good enough to have a girl throw her bra at me. Even if I can get my girlfriend to do it I would consider it a success
i thought it was really funny. John's really talented. played well live. a really moving performance.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 25, 2007,
Some people say I look like John Mayer.

Anyways didn't he say in an interview he only writes his lyrics to get girls or something.

Anyways good guitarist horrid (well very catchy but very annoying) lyrics.
Quote by Ibanez20th

Anyways didn't he say in an interview he only writes his lyrics to get girls or something.

Anyways good guitarist horrid (well very catchy but very annoying) lyrics.

Good for singing to girls though
john mayer is the man. look up his blues show day 2 torrent for some sweet playing. and hubert sumlin makes an appearance.
Quote by Ibanez20th

You do! and dont make me post the pics, cause you know ill find them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hahahaha. Go on ahead. I could care less really. (especially if you get them in a small enough size so I can figure out how to upload it to the ug profile thing.
Quote by Trapman870
are you kidding? fender overdrive is legendary. if you mean gain then you would be correct, but their overdrive is damn near perfect.
You're right. That's what I was trying to say.
I love that episode.

He rocks, I only recently got into him. Really good guitarist though.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
i didnt know who he was tilll that episode. btw, why is this in the ele guitar forum?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Ibanez20th
^agreed. For light od they're good. But definitely not legendary.

You've never heard of the tweed Fenders?
people are confusing an od channel with actuslly od-ing an amp. turn your fender tube amp up to ten, its legendary overdrive. trust me.