Hopefully with what little knowlege I have atm of it, I could get some imput on this amp... It's in storage atm, and have just now really thought about maybe I should bring it to my house... It's the same amp BBking used in his earlier years, labseries? ( I remember searching it up on the web at some point a few years back ) But I wasn't too big into the guitar scene till recently... Was the amp he used a tube amp or standard? Sorry to be so vague.
I was under the impression that B.B. King uses solid state amps.
B.B. uses a Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus, I believe.

Edit - I just read that he uses a Gibson Lab Series combo. The Jazz Chorus might have been used by another one of the "Kings," maybe Albert.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 22, 2007,
Hmm, my favorite tone I've heard from him was out of a Twin Reverb. But his favorite amp is a solid state L5. Albert King was the one who loved the JC-120. But on tour, B.B. just uses whatever amp the place he's goin has, and get's a sound he likes from it, he's awesome like that
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
BB King knows that the blues are about playing, not about what amp you use.

I bet someone in here crapped their pants when they heard he used solid state for most of his recordings.
Guess i'll pull it out of storage Monday and see what kind of tone I can get from it.
Not to make a smart ass comment, but I'm seriously wondering, who keeps an amp in storage?
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
Not to make a smart ass comment, but I'm seriously wondering, who keeps an amp in storage?

Apartment dwellers that own a handful of amps. I'm still trying to cope with stuffing my HRD and Mesa head and cab somewhere in the house where it doesn't get in the way.

As far as BB, it's pretty true he uses whatever amp they give him. As far as what he's used, mostly it's a Lab Series solid state, but he has used Twin Reverbs and JC-120s before.
In the Fresh Prince of Bel Air when he's playing in the Blues club that Carlton goes to, he's sitting on a Fender Twin
Quote by philipisabeast
In the Fresh Prince of Bel Air when he's playing in the Blues club that Carlton goes to, he's sitting on a Fender Twin

haha good episode, and good eye man.

seriously, why would you have an amp in storage... if you have one in storage, it deserves to be played.

sweet amp though, go and play that bish!

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune