http://youtube.com/watch?v=PyqppAk636Y&mode=related&search=

ok i was watchin' this and i just wanna know, how the hell do you do that? is he screaming into the pickups? which pickup does he use?

basically, anyone know how i could replicate this? please and thanks in advance
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
HIGH gain, HIGH volume, pretty much high everything on your amp. Use bridge pick up.

SCREAM into the pick ups, like really close...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I've done it with just alot of distortion. Paul Gilbert does it in get out of my yard. i saw it on a guitar magazines dvd.
EDIT: i wasnt yeling either, just talking.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Sep 22, 2007,
Im imagining if you dont have a stadium full of screaming fans, that this would be a ridiculously bad idea (i.e, in your house...)
Quote by Riot Act
Im imagining if you dont have a stadium full of screaming fans, that this would be a ridiculously bad idea (i.e, in your house...)

yeah...damn....it would be cool if it was something you could do kinda quietly...still i think it's a good thing to know how to at least

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by david_highland
are you guys sure he's not picking with his teeth?

my same thoughts
Claudio is SINGING into the pick ups, he doesn't play with his teeth.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
COHEED!!! yeah, emg's + high gain = screaming into pickups
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
He's just screaming into it with a LOT of distortion. I've gotten it to work by using pedal distortion over my amp's distortion.

You can also do it with less distortion by putting the strings across your neck, but that just doesn't look nearly as cool...
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
You can also do it with less distortion by putting the strings across your neck, but that just doesn't look nearly as cool...

if you do it on your neck, does it still have to be uber loud?....and do you still have to scream your arse off?

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
hahahaha it doesn't really matter how high up your volume or gain are. that helps, obviously. the real trick is to have something between your mouth and your strings. you can use many things: a sheet of paper, a piece of kleenex, etc. claudio uses his hair. try it. i use my hair and can do it at bedroom volumes.
hmm kinda cool
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by david_highland
are you guys sure he's not picking with his teeth?

That's what I was thinking... but doesn't hurt to try though. I'm gonna go do it.

I'm sure you've tried putting a fan next to your pickups as well? Its fun with an octave pedal. Just don't use the fan as a pick... your strings might snap.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I saw Gilbert doing it and thought that if he can do it, I can with my PGM.

Since first doing it, I've done it with a Strat through an AVG. You just need alot of gain and to rest you lips against the strings and speak/sing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
no, it does not have to be extremely loud, but It does start to hurt after a while.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Quote by bobby_splax
if you do it on your neck, does it still have to be uber loud?....and do you still have to scream your arse off?
Well, it doesn't have to be as loud. You don't necessarily have to scream either. There was a video of Devil in Jersey City where Claudio just sings normally into his pickups. It just requires a ton of distortion. It can also help to have both pickups turned on.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by SathiaSun
That's what I was thinking... but doesn't hurt to try though. I'm gonna go do it.

I'm sure you've tried putting a fan next to your pickups as well? Its fun with an octave pedal. Just don't use the fan as a pick... your strings might snap.

Oh yeah, I'll try it, I don't really think the pickups will pickup on your voice itself but rather the strings vibrating because of your voice, which probably wouldn't sound much different than just bumping the guitar, or just blowing on the strings, but yeah I'll try it just to see if something unexpected happens. I already know I can't pick with my teeth, tried many times and failed...also I've seen people use drills with picks attached to them on there guitars, I don't think a fan would hurt that much.
It only works if u have something in front of your mouth. Try using numerous effects pedals while yelling/screaming/singing it sounds really cool
Deacon of the Church of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slash's_#1_fan to join

Member #34 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join
Quote by david_highland
Oh yeah, I'll try it, I don't really think the pickups will pickup on your voice itself but rather the strings vibrating because of your voice, which probably wouldn't sound much different than just bumping the guitar, or just blowing on the strings, but yeah I'll try it just to see if something unexpected happens. I already know I can't pick with my teeth, tried many times and failed...also I've seen people use drills with picks attached to them on there guitars, I don't think a fan would hurt that much.

Spot on!! ...This seems to be the best explanation. I think its all about
the vibration as well. With some light steel strings (most responsive to
the magnets in the pickups )and some killer distortion and a pick sensitive
effect..the range of sound would be amazing.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
i was playing some music from my ipod into my emg the other day, was pretty funny. I can probably sing through it too.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp