okay, so I'm going to be honest,
I dont know much about pickups.

I've done a little bit of research, and the ZW set sounds really cool. At the moment I have stock pickups and when I'm rhytm, the chords just sound like one big muddy mess. Also, theres alot of string noise when I put my guitar in high distortion.

So basically, I want to know if it would be a good idea to get these pickups?
I'm using an Ibanez RG3EX1 guitar.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
um the zw set is the same as a
81/85 i think the zw set is a bit more expensive last time i checked and its the same thing

I like the 81/60 better but its up to you, its very metal orientated can do some cleans but not very good cleans um i dun think it will help with your feedback, my emgs have more feedback then my ibanez infinity pickups. They are pretty high output pickups but the feedback is probally from your amp .

whats your amp?
my pickups right now are EMG's, but stock EMG's.

and what kinda amp do you suggest?
i like my amp.. :/
Quote by phungar
um the zw set is the same as a
81/85 i think the zw set is a bit more expensive last time i checked and its the same thing

I like the 81/60 better
The zw emg set is for les paul or guitars that need long shaft pots.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Umm... what guitar you got? nvm looked at your profile. You would need short shaft pots I belive, 25kOhms
Active pickups use a diffrent "volume, tone" knobs, which are nick name/short hand named, Pots, stands for potentiometer. Basicly can very the resistance of the circut inside of the guitar. The short shaft is needed because it doesn't have as much wood in between the eletronic cavities and the front side of the guitar. Unlike Les Pauls.
man just get a emg 81 and 85 separate, it'll be cheaper.

oh and everything u need to install them is included with the pickups so u dont need no pots or wires or nothing, just a soldering iron and some solder. but i wouldnt try it if u've never used a soldering iron before. get a tech to do it for a small fee
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
does that mean i cant get them and i have to buy them seperaetly?

yep.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
EMGs aren't going to sound much better (and may very well sound worse) than your current pickups through your amp.

Stash the cash and save up for a new amp
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
They are right, buy them seperate. I don't think it's cheaper though as weird as that sounds. I think they end up being the same price or very close to it. Also all the installation equipment is included with them. Just the seperate pickups come with short shaft pots, and the box zw set comes with long shaft pots.