when i first started playing i was dying for a digitech whammy pedal but i sucked real bad and i decided to wait it out. now im better but i dont know if i should get that or a wah pedal. its very unlikely that ill be able to get both at once and its also possible that the digitech will be too much anyway. the wah im looking at is a dunlop 535Q. it seems like the whammy would give me a lot more range of things to do and keep me busy for a while while the wah may be a bit more practical.

another question i have is about the features of the whammy pedal. i know its primarily a pitch shifter but im not totally clear on what it does. it also has dive bomb and detune and i believe some kind of harmonizer but i dont really know what that stuff does. can you use this pedal as as octaver with one of those setting?
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
i like the digitech, but a whammy and wah are very different, try both out, see how they both are too you, and ask yourself, in the long run, what will you use more?
where would i try something like this out? the guitar store that i got my guitar at doesnt seem to have any, at least not out as i have looked to browse at them before. today was the first time my parents acknowledged it as a possibility so now im back to thinking about it again.

a big thing for me though is the question of does the whammy have an octaver effect of does it only change pitches?
Quote by loganrocksabass

oh btw, the thingy under ur name.. do me one small favor.. add "io92 fan"

is that necessary?
Quote by loganrocksabass