Page 1 of 2
Has anyone actually got 5 stars on every song on expert?

The only song I have left to 5 star is Misirlou, but I can't seem to get past 3. I got 5 stars on everything else, but I just wanted to know if anyone actually 5 starred Misirlou, along with every other expert song.
No i can't get it on, like you said, Misirlou, also Hangar 18. :\
666 BRO
I have, including bonus songs, which yes, means Jordan and Six.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

I'm close.

I have around...10 more? Something like that.

I haven't tried to 5 star every single one for a while. Plus, my file got corrupted recently (both memory card error and personal error), so I had to restart my game.

But I was proud, when I restarted, I only 3 starred four songs the first time through with no replays.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Kankuro
No i can't get it on, like you said, Misirlou, also Hangar 18. :\

hangar 18 was actually the easiest face melter for me, maybe just because i like megadeth. i get like 88% on misirlou, but it still says 3. i just 5 starred psychobilly freakout today on my first try, i think.
^ Really? Hmm, I thought Freebird was my easiest, or Beast and the Harlot. I'm still stuck on Jordan. 63%!!!
666 BRO
Yea, Hanger 18 isn't THAT hard.

I can get a high level 4 star every time, but 5 starring it takes some time.

Star Power = Key.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by kwside95
I have, including bonus songs, which yes, means Jordan and Six.

dang, you're good, if you did it on expert.
Quote by fallenangel20

Star Power = Key.

True. Although I find Hangar 18 more difficult than the other songs on the last set list. :\
666 BRO
Quote by fallenangel20

Star Power = Key.

yeah, usually i just play it, and i'm only half paying attention, and i'll get like 88%. but when i really concentrate, i'll get like 93% with 5 stars. it's that dang guitar solo 7!
Quote by Metallica_Man55
dang, you're good, if you did it on expert.

yes, i did it on expert. and I have 11 100%
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Quote by Kankuro
True. Although I find Hangar 18 more difficult than the other songs on the last set list. :\

that's because it has 9 solos, and it's over 5 minutes long. freebird is 10 minutes, but half of it is the soft part with the slide.
Quote by Kankuro

Yea.

I think the hardest, for me, is Misirlou, even though my fast picking is great, I don't have much stamina, so about halfway through, my arm starts to burn some.

Also, Institutionalized = DEATH!!!

There are a few songs on that game that I love to listen to, but HAAAATE playing.

I.E. "Freya", "Carry Me Home", "Institionalized".

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by kwside95
yes, i did it on expert. and I have 11 100%

then you, my friend, have a lot of spare time. lol just kidding.

i like to get 100% on the short, easy stuff like cherry pie and last child. one time i only missed 8 notes on killing in the name lol. so close.

i do that a lot, like on who was in my room last night, i'll only miss like 5 notes, and with STP, i get all of them except like 7. sweet child o mine is so frustrating, because i'll hit every note except 4 of them right before the breakdown part.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
then you, my friend, have a lot of spare time. lol just kidding.

i like to get 100% on the short, easy stuff like cherry pie and last child. one time i only missed 8 notes on killing in the name lol. so close.

i do that a lot, like on who was in my room last night, i'll only miss like 5 notes, and with STP, i get all of them except like 7. sweet child o mine is so frustrating, because i'll hit every note except 4 of them right before the breakdown part.

Yeah, but the reason I don't have more 100%s is I don't have patience, so I can't really practice a song. I don't like playing a song twice in a row. So all my 100%s are first tries.
Also I got pissed off at Last Child because I would miss a retarded note and eventually kick the PS2, thus breaking it, and can only play on occasion.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by fallenangel20
Yea.

I think the hardest, for me, is Misirlou, even though my fast picking is great, I don't have much stamina, so about halfway through, my arm starts to burn some.

There are a few songs on that game that I love to listen to, but HAAAATE playing.

Ugh, Freya. I'd rater let a large man have his ways with me than play the bridge in that song. . Carry Me Home was strenuous. I actually enjoy Institutionalized.
666 BRO
Quote by fallenangel20
Yea.

institutionalized is easy if you keep playing it. you have to memorize where the notes are and each time will get easier, i actually 5 starred institutionalized (i hate typing that!). i personally like to play carry me home, for me it's easy. freya is hard because it keeps repeating itself.

same for me with misirlou, but i've gained more stamina. it's just that i can't figure out if i'm strumming too fast or too slow.
Just a question, do any of you play sports? JW
Deacon of the Church of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slash's_#1_fan to join

Member #34 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join
Quote by Metallica_Man55
institutionalized is easy if you keep playing it. you have to memorize where the notes are and each time will get easier, i actually 5 starred institutionalized (i hate typing that!). i personally like to play carry me home, for me it's easy. freya is hard because it keeps repeating itself.

same for me with misirlou, but i've gained more stamina. it's just that i can't figure out if i'm strumming too fast or too slow.

Nothing is really hard anymore, even Jordan, I 5 star it at will, but Freya just hurts, so I don't play it. And Institutionalized is so fun, because I've played it alot, and now I get like, 97%, and I love the second solo.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by kwside95
Yeah, but the reason I don't have more 100%s is I don't have patience, so I can't really practice a song. I don't like playing a song twice in a row. So all my 100%s are first tries.
Also I got pissed off at Last Child because I would miss a retarded note and eventually kick the PS2, thus breaking it, and can only play on occasion.

i know, it took me a bunch of tries to get 100% on can't you hear me knockin and last child.

if you haven't tried a real guitar yet, i highly suggest getting one. if you can 5 star everything on GH, then you would be awesome with a real guitar. if you already have a real guitar, i'll bet you're pretty good at it lol.
Quote by WishiwuzSlash
Just a question, do any of you play sports? JW

Yes, I play basketball.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by Metallica_Man55
i know, it took me a bunch of tries to get 100% on can't you hear me knockin and last child.

if you haven't tried a real guitar yet, i highly suggest getting one. if you can 5 star everything on GH, then you would be awesome with a real guitar. if you already have a real guitar, i'll bet you're pretty good at it lol.

No offense or anything, but I wouldn't be on this website if I didn't play guitar. But I've been playing guitar for a year and can play the One solo, so I'm moving pretty fast.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by kwside95
Nothing is really hard anymore, even Jordan, I 5 star it at will, but Freya just hurts, so I don't play it. And Institutionalized is so fun, because I've played it alot, and now I get like, 97%, and I love the second solo.

i noticed the first time i 5 starred freya, my hand was aching for the next few minutes lol. i usually get near the low to mid 90's on institutionalized. i can't even beat jordan on expert, i fail at around 53-57%, after my star power dies.

personally, i think institutionalized is easier on the real guitar, or as far as i know of it, which is most of the first solo and some of the second, not to mention the chorus and beginning/end verse riffs.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
i noticed the first time i 5 starred freya, my hand was aching for the next few minutes lol. i usually get near the low to mid 90's on institutionalized. i can't even beat jordan on expert, i fail at around 53-57%, after my star power dies.

personally, i think institutionalized is easier on the real guitar, or as far as i know of it, which is most of the first solo and some of the second, not to mention the chorus and beginning/end verse riffs.

For Jordan, just pick fast and don't do hammer ons, and use three fingers for the hard solo.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by kwside95
No offense or anything, but I wouldn't be on this website if I didn't play guitar. But I've been playing guitar for a year and can play the One solo, so I'm moving pretty fast.

no offense taken. i just wanted to know because i wouldn't want to assume anything.

do you mean the clean intro solo or the fast tapping solo? either is pretty impressive. i'm still perfecting the intro solo, i know about 95% of it. the tapping solo is a little harder, because he taps it so fast.

if you haven't already, try master of puppets. i heard once that one and MOP are the same difficulty in solos.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
no offense taken. i just wanted to know because i wouldn't want to assume anything.

do you mean the clean intro solo or the fast tapping solo? either is pretty impressive. i'm still perfecting the intro solo, i know about 95% of it. the tapping solo is a little harder, because he taps it so fast.

if you haven't already, try master of puppets. i heard once that one and MOP are the same difficulty in solos.

I can't do MOP, but I can do both One solos, I'm perfect at the tapping part, but after that I can't get very clean, but I'm pretty good at the intro solo, but not perfect.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by kwside95
I can't do MOP, but I can do both One solos, I'm perfect at the tapping part, but after that I can't get very clean, but I'm pretty good at the intro solo, but not perfect.

i learned the MOP intro riff (can't really call it a solo), and the verse riff. i don't remember the chorus riff, i don't think i learned it correctly in the first place, lol. intro riff to MOP requires a lot of palm mutes. the powertab for MOP is terrible, or at least the one i saw.

if you can play that much of one, then good for you. i can't seem to get it to sound right on the tapping part on my guitar, it just might be i'm tapping too slow. i like the part with the palm mutes on the open low E string. it's fun and sounds heavy, lol.
Quote by SynGates7X
The only one I have yet to 5 star is Six.

i can only get a 3 on six. it's not the solo for me, the solo is easy. it's the fact that everything is going so fast.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
i learned the MOP intro riff (can't really call it a solo), and the verse riff. i don't remember the chorus riff, i don't think i learned it correctly in the first place, lol. intro riff to MOP requires a lot of palm mutes. the powertab for MOP is terrible, or at least the one i saw.

if you can play that much of one, then good for you. i can't seem to get it to sound right on the tapping part on my guitar, it just might be i'm tapping too slow. i like the part with the palm mutes on the open low E string. it's fun and sounds heavy, lol.

The palm mutes on the open low E are fun, but I'm not that good at palm muted alternate picking, so it comes out a little wrong. But I can play the verse and chorus of MOP, but I can't do the intro up to speed.
Quote by kidsthesedays

Quote by Metallica_Man55
i can only get a 3 on six. it's not the solo for me, the solo is easy. it's the fact that everything is going so fast.

I have 4, and for the same reason. I was so mad, I got like 249,000 points and still got 4 stars. I couldn't have been off by more than a couple thousand points.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
I have 4, and for the same reason. I was so mad, I got like 249,000 points and still got 4 stars. I couldn't have been off by more than a couple thousand points.

You need 250,000-270,000, I don't remember exactly, but it took me a while.
Quote by kidsthesedays

misirlou is easy and fun i cant beat hangar 18 though so im not that good institutionalized i only have 4 stars on but its fun as hell and not that hard just dam solos get me
Quote by stanleybach
"That is for sex, not for you, thank you come again!"

Quote by velly69
You know what they say: " You use it or you lose it".
Did you check the expiration date on your balls?
Quote by SynGates7X

i've gotten the weirdest stuff on GH. i'll get like 95% and get 4 stars on something (not lately, i usually 5 star everything except misirlou), or i'll get like 90% on something and get 5 stars (hangar 18).

I think it's the amount of 100%'s you get in the song. if you don't get any, you will probably not get 5 stars.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
i've gotten the weirdest stuff on GH. i'll get like 95% and get 4 stars on something (not lately, i usually 5 star everything except misirlou), or i'll get like 90% on something and get 5 stars (hangar 18).

I think it's the amount of 100%'s you get in the song. if you don't get any, you will probably not get 5 stars.

The star rating is determined by the number of points you get. I've gotten 87% notes hit on hanger 18 before but I used enough star power to break the mark of around 280,000 that I got 5 stars.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
The star rating is determined by the number of points you get. I've gotten 87% notes hit on hanger 18 before but I used enough star power to break the mark of around 280,000 that I got 5 stars.

Is there a guide somewhere that has the minimum scores for each level?
Page 1 of 2