Page 1 of 2
Some songs are ok, but they're overrated.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

IMHO, they suck. their guitarists are faster then hell, but the music reminds me of a sped up version on "its a small world after all"
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
oh **** I'm missing headbangers ball.. ttyl
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
<3

They're lyrics are gay but who cares. Herman Li is amazing and they're just fun to listen to.

P.S. the pit? Shouldn't this go in metal?
I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

Plus, there's already a exspansive thread on them in the Metal forum.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by kwside95
Some songs are ok, but they're overrated.

Overrated? It's become so cliche for everyone to hate them.

The only reason why most people hate them is because everyone else does, you mindless bastards.
They're pretty good. Good musicianship and you can understand the words.
You may have a 10 x 10 stack of marshalls and i may only have one, but mine goes to 11.... Beat that
They play good fast energetic music. I like to listen to them. I dont see why everyone hates them.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
I don't like them. I think it's because I like heavy blues and it sounds just as good to play slow but be able to manipulate the note in ten thousand different ways than to play super fast and have to do a ton of work to achieve a heartless sound.

And they're overrated if you ask me.
I really don't like them. Their melodies are sooo bad.

And like, this is one of the few bands I can actually call "pretentious". Bands are rarely pretentious in my books, but man, making a 2-note melody sound like shredding is just....
awesome musicians but its not exaclty music that moves you know. its just fast
Quote by piratemetalhead
I really don't like them. Their melodies are sooo bad.

And like, this is one of the few bands I can actually call "pretentious". Bands are rarely pretentious in my books, but man, making a 2-note melody sound like shredding is just....

Oh please...
666 BRO
They're alright. The singer is less annoying to me than most power metal singers (most of them I find really distracting). The big problem I have is that they get really drunk and screw up worse than Jimmy Page live, and I just sorta get the feeling they took about ten takes for every track on their new album. They also need to tour with more than like one guitar apiece, they abuse the trems more than Vai and not even Ibanez bridges like being thrown every five seconds for two hours.
Love 'em.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Archaon

The only reason why most people hate them is because everyone else does, you mindless bastards.

finally, somebody agrees with me!!!
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
oh **** I'm missing headbangers ball.. ttyl

Omg I forgot!!!! thanx man
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by Archaon

same with fall out boy.
I actually tried to get into them. No joke. I heard that they had fast guitars, and were power metal, so I tried them out. Didn't work out.
(i think i stole this from someone, idk who) theyre like AC/DC: one good song, 40 different versions of it. every song sounds the same to me. sure, theyre fast as hell, but being fast isn't necessarily good.
there music is lame to me and its basically video game music

and hermen li's a douce
My Gear:

Jackson King V KVX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Line 6 Spider III HD75, Line 6 Spider III 4x12 Cabinet
Marshall MG30DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss BF-3 Flanger
overrated, everysong sounds the same, the lyrics suck, and its got absolutely no emotional connection with fans(then again, who tries to make a connection on an emotional level with "So now we fly ever free
We're free before the thunderstorm
On towards the wilderness our quest carries on
Far beyond the sundown, far beyond the moonlight
Deep inside our hearts and all our souls")
Quote by Eddie_VH
there music is lame to me and its basically video game music

and hermen li's a douce

I can already tell you've never listened to more than "Through the Fire and Flames" and "Operation: Ground and Pound", and maybe "a few tracks that your friend showed you".

Those are THE most stereotypical and ignorant answers people give about DragonForce. It usually makes up about half of the posts in DragonForce threads.

if you ACTUALLY listen to them, and heard all of their songs from "Valley of the Damned" to "Inhuman Rampage", you would would know they didn't start incorporating a few video game sounds and such until their last album.

And the ONLY thing they did was use part of the Street Fighter theme in a solo, a Pacman noise in "Through the Fire and Flames" and a few Galaga sounds, I think.

And I even remember, before they became huge, that TONS of people on UG were putting Herman on their "Top Guitar Player" lists around the time "Inhuman Rampage" first came out, and TONS of people agreed.

Now? Everyone doesn't say so, because it's "too stereotypical".

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by Joe Dudeman
finally, somebody agrees with me!!!

i hated them before everyone else, so its not true in all cases. their good musicians, but most of their fans are nerds. their like our generations rush.
**RIP In the Van on the Comeback Road**

Quote by confusius
You're going to have to go to the doctor. He is going to ram his finger up your ass and the rest you can imagine. It will be severly painful you are most likely to die in the process. Enjoy.
Quote by Archaon

I said I like some of their songs, just chill out. But they are a little overrated.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

I think the members are actually pretty cool people, but srsly, I don't like them as musicians. Herman Li seems to play fast. That's it. I don't think he has a good sense of music theory, to be honest.
Quote by IcePh0enix
Alcohol ruins too many guitarists . It was funny seeing the singer be like "alright I got 3 minutes to spare while Herman shreds.

A lot of their performances are crap, I know they drink a lot, but there are tons of other bands that do shows while drunk and still put on a great show, with good music, their guitars aren't even tuned, thats horrible.

Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKlbjIwFss&mode=related&search=
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
They're alright...I mean, I'm not gonna lie, Totman and Li can shred circles around me and the drummer is pretty intense, but other than that they're kind of boring and formulaic. There are loads of power metal bands that are a hundred times more epic than Dragonforce (Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, etc) that the majority of people have no idea about, and there are loads of bands with faster guitar work (Nitro, Dream Theater, Symphony X) that people also are largely ignorant to, and when people say Dragonforce are the be-all-end-all of fast metal it kind of pisses me off.
Page 1 of 2