so who do you guys think is probly the longest running band acoording to from when they started to when they ended not including breaks in between. i havent looked into to much but i gotta say it seems like the eagles would be hard to beat
ZZ Top = 1969

The Eagles had a break of like 14 years, and started in 1971 I think.
Quote by RyanGillam
ZZ Top = 1969

The Eagles had a break of like 14 years, and started in 1971 I think.

Dear God i didnt realize they have been going that long. i knew they were old but thats pretty out there to still be onstage. so what about the rolling stones?
The Who formed in '64, I don't know of any breaks and they just toured.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
fleetwood mac have been around for a long while, i can't remember since when though, i know they formed in the 60's though
Elvis (1956). He's so not dead and you know it. He's blatantly in his old folks home chasing down monsters and in his spare time being one of those impersonators.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Elvis (1956). He's so not dead and you know it. He's blatantly in his old folks home chasing down monsters and in his spare time being one of those impersonators.

And he hangs out with JFK, who is actually black.
Black Sabbath has been together since 1968.

Some member changes obviously, but they still were making albums and touring. They're on tour with Dio right now.

maybe not the longest, but they're the longest i can think of.
The Drifters, together in a variety of lineups since '53
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Bull! The Drifters still exist?
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
"As of September 2007, Rick Sheppard and Charlie Thomas are the only two living members of the Drifters recording group who are currently working as "Drifters" in the United States. It is rumored that Charlie and Rick could be teaming up for a Drifters reunion this year!"
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by rush4life
And he hangs out with JFK, who is actually black.

Another 'Bubba Ho-tep' fan I see
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
The Grateful Dead formed in 1965, though they havent toured for a while obviously. I think has got to be the stones though, or Bob Dylan or Neil Young if you count them maybe.