1. Can I overdrive clean channels?
2. Is the footswitch worth it?
3. Can I still get good sounds on the 30w when I have it set to lower wattages?
4. How is the auto wah feature? I have never seen a demo of it.
1. Dont know
2. Dont know
3. Dont Know
4. Autowah was removed for Octaver cause its more metal

PSN ID: ArranP
How is the octaver supposed to work if there is no expression pedal? Does more intense picking cause the tone to go up by a certain amount of semitones?
From the manual on the Vox site:

OCTAVE

This effect generates a note one octaves lower than the one you're playing, adding thickness and "weight" to single note lines.

EDIT1 “MIX” Adjusts the mix level of the note one octave below.

It seems as though it'll always be an octave lower, you can only choose how much of it you'll hear. They mention in the manual that it's only supposed to be used when playing notes, not chords.

Still trying to decide between the VOX 30 watt XL, or the Spider III 75 (already have a Microcube, so I'm not considering a Cube)

If I get the Vox, I 'll probably get a wah at some point too.
1. You can overdrive the clean channels but you need a pedal. You can't just crank it or use the knob in the back to do it. I'm not sure how nice it'll sound though. From my experience pedals sound like *** on the XL especially the high gain ones.
2. Yeah the pedal's worth it
3. You can but it sounds..."muffled" to me
4. There's no autowah feature

EDIT: I was the dude that wrote the review for the XL and I should've been a little more specific about overdriving the clean channel =\. I wish I could edit it or something
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Last edited by ken112291 at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by Hellfire999
1. Can I overdrive clean channels?
2. Is the footswitch worth it?
3. Can I still get good sounds on the 30w when I have it set to lower wattages?
4. How is the auto wah feature? I have never seen a demo of it.

1 never tried it
2. my friend has it, yes can be fun/usefull if you use it enough
3. yep, its solid state not "low volume valve bad sound" and i think its only the ad15xl that has the bad speakers in it
4. octave function : makes your guitars sound more like a bass(but far far from the real thing), you can get some really funky sounds with it, but no more than 2 strings at a time, and sustaining the octaved note makes it kinda farty.. but that could also be because my guitar is already tuned a lot lower
1. Well, on the chrome front VT (not XL), Boutique clean does overdrive, but Black 2x12 doesn't really reach a noticable level of distortion, it kinda gets crisper sounding, very nice, but its not really overdriven much.
2. The footswitch is useful, but i think any 2-button footswitch will work (not sure of this, mind)
3. It sounds okay with the attenuator low but it kinda sounds lifeless and dull. These amps are much better for high-volume use imo. the way the attenuator seems to work is the higher the wattage setting, the better the sound.
4. The auto wah was removed from the XL and replaced with an octaver. There are 2 reasons for this: The octaver is more useful for metal, and because the auto wah wasn't much good.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp