Page 1 of 2
We are making a band and the singer wants to name it after himself after we already came to the conclusion of Arctic Distorstion

Its not like he is even that great of a singer anyways.

We dont know to kick him out or just not play until he quits.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Just give him a tambourine and start playing instrumentals. That way he won't bitch about getting kicked out of the band and you guys won't have to deal with him.

Or, if he continues to bitch about the name, simply jam two straightened paper clips into his eyes.
get rid of the jerkhole
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
nah, just dont take him seriously, just be like "haha *smack him on the back* funny joke" and just act like he never said it, and when he keeps saying you should, just say something like, man that joke is getting old....
I couldn't stand to be around somebody that would want to name a band after themselves unless:

A. They are a phenomenal singer

or

B. They have a name with an alliteration
I am the Infantry.
tell him majority rules - if he doesn't like the name he can pursue a SOLO career then he can use his name all he wants

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Tell him to stfu, kick him out, and get a singer who isn't a douchebag who thinks he's the star and he's the one leading the band.

A band to me is an entity, with all members working together, without one person leading it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
He's a douche but Arctic Distortion is a stupid name. Everyone will think you're trying to rip off Arctic Monkeys even if you don't sound like them.
Quote by SkyValley
He's a douche but Arctic Distortion is a stupid name. Everyone will think you're trying to rip off Arctic Monkeys even if you don't sound like them.

Agreed. No band can EVER use arctic in their name again, lest they be compared to the arctic monkeys.
Also, no band can have "the" in it, because THE beatles had that in their name.
Quote by Kulvin
Agreed. No band can EVER use arctic in their name again, lest they be compared to the arctic monkeys.
Also, no band can have "the" in it, because THE beatles had that in their name.

"The" is a common word. "Arctic" is a very uncommon word unless you live in the Arctic.

You fail at common sense.
Yeah, if he has a name like Van Halen, use it cause its cool. Otherwise, you could do a Ramones and all change your name to something and use that, but people will think you're ripping off the Ramones so i dunno...
Hello
I agree with both kicking your singer out, and the fact that the band name you currently have isn't that good, since it brings to mind both The Arctic Monkeys and Social Distiortion. I know it's hard to come up with a good band name these days, but it's not really that important until you start playing shows and releasing demos. Just make your music as good as it can be, then concentrate on the name.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
You never relize how annoying lead singers can be till you get one.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by bTOMd
if his name is as cool sounding as Van Halen maybe you should try it, unless its something retarded like The Michael Jones band then no

WHO!?!

I'm really sorry for that I had to.
My signature is stupid.
Quote by 11223344554433
+2

+3
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
What's his name?
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by SkyValley
"The" is a common word. "Arctic" is a very uncommon word unless you live in the Arctic.

you fail at humor.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
you should "look, bitch" him.

To "Look, Bitch" someone, you must point and say "look, bitch".

If someone "Look, Bitch"es you, then you respond with "No, YOU look, bitch", while pointing angrily.

This beautiful combination of words serves the important function of establishing the authority of members over other (sub)humans.

Look, bitches, "look, bitch"ing is a serious matter. Members need to know how the system works, how to conduct themselves, and how to respond in any situations.

Look, bitches, when someone comments to you and you detect the smallest amount of sass in their tone, you cut them off with a swift "look, bitch" and remind them who's boss.

Keep looking, bitches, if you pause mid-rant, start again with "keep looking, bitch" to remind them again that the boss is talking.

Keep looking, bitches. If someone tries to look, bitch you, cut them off with a louder "No, YOU look, bitch".

You better still be looking, bitches. The phrase is "look" followed by a comma and space ", " followed by "bitch" which is never followed by an exclamation mark. Look bitches, exclamation marks are for pansies that need to yell to get the point across. Keep your cool.
Quote by spazzymagee417

If someone "Look, Bitch"es you, then you respond with "No, YOU look, bitch", while pointing angrily.

This beautiful combination of words serves the important function of establishing the authority of members over other (sub)humans.

Look, bitches, "look, bitch"ing is a serious matter. Members need to know how the system works, how to conduct themselves, and how to respond in any situations.

Look, bitches, when someone comments to you and you detect the smallest amount of sass in their tone, you cut them off with a swift "look, bitch" and remind them who's boss.

Keep looking, bitches, if you pause mid-rant, start again with "keep looking, bitch" to remind them again that the boss is talking.

Keep looking, bitches. If someone tries to look, bitch you, cut them off with a louder "No, YOU look, bitch".

You better still be looking, bitches. The phrase is "look" followed by a comma and space ", " followed by "bitch" which is never followed by an exclamation mark. Look bitches, exclamation marks are for pansies that need to yell to get the point across. Keep your cool.

your lesson reminded me of this

The F Word:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcCzj_yRtk
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph
your lesson reminded me of this

The F Word:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcCzj_yRtk

I say the next time your singer gives you problems you reply with: "Why don't you go outside and play hide and go **** yourself!"
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I say since a good singer isnt easy to come by try to tell him that you are not naming it after him if you do then who will know the other members???? nobody but if he isnt that good then just smack him and say....

your fired..... and then walk away with your band and he will cry. so much drama....
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by spazzymagee417

Quote by SkyValley

you fail at sensing sarcasm.

tell your singer that a band is a group effort, therefore if he doesn't like how the group wants to run itself then he should leave.

plus we all know only guitarists get the privilege of naming bands after themselves
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I suggest kicking him out or getting things straight and show him that he's not the boss.

My drummer thinks my last name is cool and would like to name our band that. My last name is "Valdez" and I would like to know what you guys think of that as a band name.
Quote by Potato_Souffle
You should name the band after him.

And then kick him out.

But keep the name.

brilliant......
Quote by gallagher2006

Quote by Mr. Twelve
tell him that you guys are a group and you have to all agree on something rather than letting some cocky asshole take it over. if your band ever goes big he will probably quit soon after to work on his "solo career" which won't go anywhere (like most arrogant frontmen).
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
whats his name? cause if he has a kool name it wouldn't be to bad... buuut ya... doubt its kool enough to have a band namd it... but yaa kick him out, he seems like douche
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
just play a bunch of stuff that he dosn't like and then when he quits find someone else and go back to what you liked
Quote by paulvxD
I suggest kicking him out or getting things straight and show him that he's not the boss.

My drummer thinks my last name is cool and would like to name our band that. My last name is "Valdez" and I would like to know what you guys think of that as a band name.

Valdez is a very common last name here in Texas.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I wish I had a say in my band's name, but they formed 6 months before I joined....so meh. Naming a band after the singer, for all the named reasons thus far, is dumb. If I ahd a say in naming a band, I would go with Paper Cranes....I don't know why, I just think it's a good band name.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Quote by SkyValley

First thing I thought of was Social Distortion, then Arctic Monkeys.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Page 1 of 2