Hello there, I've been having trouble finding a thread on them, so i thought i would start my own.

As you can guess, this is about the band Mew.

http://www.mewsite.com/

Here's some songs and a interview for people who dont know...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1bZB1Ff4ks8 <- Interview about And Glass handed kites.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uwOMekUff8c <- Special

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IHnQB6CnlKI <- Am I Wry

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nH7ZZq1rzq4 <- AMAZING LIVE VERSION Comforting Sounds

I guess what gets to me about Mew is how spacial and sonic everything sounds. Simply Addictive .

Post Your Thoughts.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377269&highlight=mew
Although I suppose that's a And the Glass Handed Kites thread...

Mew kicks ass.
And the Glass Handed Kites is my favorite album, just like Daft Punk's Discovery I feel I must listen to the following songs as if they were one:
Apocalypso
Special
The Zookeeper's Boy

Frenger's is also a great album, and I've listened to A Triumph for Man only a few times, but I've enjoyed it greatly.
Anybody know what's up with Frengers/Half the World Is Watching Me?
They're almost identical.
edit:
Quote by Wikipedia
Many of the tracks on the album were previously included on Mew's first two albums Half the World Is Watching Me and A Triumph for Man, both of which saw only limited release. "Am I Wry? No", "156", "Symmetry", "Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years" and "Comforting Sounds" appeared on the former with "She Came Home for Christmas" appearing on the latter.

Although these tracks were re-recorded for Frengers only "Am I Wry? No" and "156" differ substantially from their original incarnations. The Frengers version of "Her Voice Is Beyond Her Years" also differs from the version on the first edition of Half the World Is Watching Me, but due to the rarity of that edition, most listeners have similar versions.

Research never hurt anyone.
Last edited by julio1987 at Sep 22, 2007,
Yea, Half the world is watching me is like a rerelease of theyre original tracks, the difference is quite nice though.
Quote by ProjectDark
Yea, Half the world is watching me is like a rerelease of theyre original tracks, the difference is quite nice though.

No, lol.
Half the World is Watching me was released in 2000 (although it was rereleased in 2007)
Tracks from HTWIWM and A Triumph for Man were rerecorded for Frengers, released in 2003.
They released ATGHK in 2007, anyone knows if they'll be recording/releasing a new album soon? God I hope so.
Mew is the poo.

In a good way.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Mew is the poo.

In a good way.

what is that supposed to mean???
Haven't you ever heard someone say "This is the s**t," meaning that it is good?

Well, I converted that idiomatic expression to house a word more befitting to rhyme with the word Mew. And behold.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Haven't you ever heard someone say "This is the s**t," meaning that it is good?

Well, I converted that idiomatic expression to house a word more befitting to rhyme with the word Mew. And behold.

I kneel before your comprehension and mastery of the English language.
Hahhaha it does rhyme with poo, although every time I hear Mew I always think of the Pokemon
/geek
Quote by julio1987
I kneel before your comprehension and mastery of the English language.

And well you should.

"But there's a glitch, you're an ostrich..."
i quite like mew, but i don't listen to them often. perhaps i shall listen more.
Quote by K-Lizzle
And well you should.

"But there's a glitch, you're an ostrich..."

"...you've got your head in the sand..."
Did you know what happened there??? I just completed a sentence for you! We just had a moment!

Quote by uhh_me?
i quite like mew, but i don't listen to them often. perhaps i shall listen more.

A great idea
listen to the song "comforting sounds" while you are in train, better in a rainy day...is so depressive
anyone knows if they'll be recording/releasing a new album soon?

theyre working on a new album due sometime in 2008
Mew is a very very good band. The Zookeeper's Boy is my favorite song by them. The weird thing however, is that they were playing in Gutiar Center radio one day, and I didn't know like anyone listened to them haha.
Awesome.
I can't beleive this is the only Mew thread and its only got 14 posts.

Download ATGHK and you will be amazed.
I used to listen to the album And Glass Handed Kites a lot, used to love it, used to know all the songs, but I've listened to it too much. And now I'm sick of it. :/ But it's a good album.
I'm seeing them at Latitude this summer which I'm quite looking forwards to. I hadn't really heard them before but I've been listening to Frengers on Spotify quite a lot recently, Comforting Sounds is an absolutely amazing song.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
I'm seeing them at Latitude this summer which I'm quite looking forwards to. I hadn't really heard them before but I've been listening to Frengers on Spotify quite a lot recently, Comforting Sounds is an absolutely amazing song.

Awesome band.
I'm ordering you now to get And the Glass Handed Kites, and listen to it. You won't regret it.
Are You Shpongled..?

Met Jonas the other day before their gig at the ICA!!
Are You Shpongled..?
I heard Introducing Palace Players the other day and was hooked

Which album do you guys recommend?
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Quote by halloweenhead
I heard Introducing Palace Players the other day and was hooked

Which album do you guys recommend?

If you want their dark and very proggy album, get And the Glass Handed Kites.
Frengers is also amazing but a bit less of a concept album. Id get the newest album last if you can.

Just listen to anything though. You won't regret it!
Are You Shpongled..?
I wrote a review of No More Stories... its on UG, main page of the reviews section. I know the writing isn't that great, but some critique on both the writing and your opinions towards my view of the album would be appreciated
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
That's my favourite song on the new album! Cartoons And Macrame Wounds is a good classic Mew Epic Ballad too. I remember them playing Palace Players at Latitude when I saw them (although I didn't know the song at the time) and in the intro I just thought 'Something a bit crazy's going on here'.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Just discovered this band and loving it!
------------------
Quote by Tombe
I'm seeing them at Latitude this summer

I SAW THEM THERE!!

i tried to learn a few of their songs but it always sounds a bit wrong. they seem to have something i just can't achieve with one guitar.
i love mew, but haven't been able to find any of their album and doubt i ever will, gonna buy them online sometime though all of their songs really frickin' amaze me, my favorites are snow brigade, she came home for christmass, apocalypso, am i wry? no, 156, and she spider
i absolutely love this band id have to say 156 and repeaterbeater are my favorites by them; ive noticed for thier latest album, theyve changed musical direction slightly.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
so i bought comforting sounds individually a long while ago and really love it but was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for what album to get first from them if I'm not really into dark/proggressivey as the glass handed kites was described earlier as much as the strongly melodic type of sound on comforting sounds and she came home for christmas etc. maybe it's just the words putting me off and i have the wrong expectation for glass handed kites-- should i go for kites first or frengers? or other?
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
if you dont like the dark theme of 'and the glass...' then get frengers, it's fairly up beat
Found out about Mew after stumbling upon the group Apparatjik. Since about last summer No More Stories... And The Glass Handed Kites have been on constant repeat on my iPod! Frengers too, but just really like Comforting Sounds, Am I Wry? No, 156, and Snow Brigade on that one.

But they are my new favorite band, favorite songs are: Repeaterbeater, Special, Introducing Palace Players, and Comforting Sounds!!