Page 1 of 2
(spiritual successor to worst tone) post bad renditions of songs, please no flaming genres like ex. emo or death metal
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
triviums cover of master of puppets. They may have been labeled the next metallica, but atleast do a great song without massacring it.

and sonata arcticas cover of fade to black..

NOOOONNNEEEE BUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

and if fred durst suddenly started singng behind blue eyes during that sonata arctica song I wouldn't be suprised
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
way to completely copy my thread from the "cover" section of the forum
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
William Hung.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
killswitch engage's cover of holy diver by Dio
and
Atreyu's cover of You give love a bad name by Bon jovi.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Who the hell's gonna flame death metal,TS?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by RooZ
You are...

go back to the pit.

Quote by Teh GIR
way to completely copy my thread from the "cover" section of the forum

you sound like a little kid, who cries to get his toy back.

i hate that they made Bryan adams' "heaven" into a dance mix.
also

Baby i Love your way/ Free Bird cover that was done by that pop duet.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sheryl Crow: Sweet Child 'O Mine. What a way to neuter Slash. And it won a Grammy.
Quote by electricsnake
killswitch engage's cover of holy diver by Dio
and
Atreyu's cover of You give love a bad name by Bon jovi.

two of the greatest covers EVER!!!
Avril Lavigne covering metallica's fuel...
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
^that happened?!
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Quote by theo_siordia

Ah!!!! It burns!!!
VERY unwanted. I hate her, and her emo drummer.

Metalica acted like they LIKED it too.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Quote by theo_siordia

in fairness, wasnt that a metallica special that aired. a bunch of bands were asked to cover their songs as a tribute?

that's a little different.

and imo, not half as bad as that sheryl crow thing^ oh man that was bad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
in fairness, wasnt that a metallica special that aired. a bunch of bands were asked to cover their songs as a tribute?

In fairness shes a better singer than Hetfield.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by jj1565

Both of them are equally awful. At least Korn & Sum 41 did the songs as much justice as anyone doing a Metallica cover could. I just listen to many newer covers, and they honestly suck out loud. Its sad to think most of these songs were one time great. I can't wait for someone to make a Metal cover of '500 Miles' by The Proclaimers...
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Both of them are equally awful. At least Korn & Sum 41 did the songs as much justice as anyone doing a Metallica cover could. I just listen to many newer covers, and they honestly suck out loud. Its sad to think most of these songs were one time great. I can't wait for someone to make a Metal cover of '500 Miles' by The Proclaimers...

I think the Korn cover would get my vote for worst cover. Actually they get my 2 top votes, One and Another Brick in the Wall. I lost all respect around the 3:30 mark... that's when the solo started...
ah i know which is the worst cover: avril lavigne doing chop suey.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
mann, that fuel cover.... burn it, that is what i desire....

anywayz, was was kirk smiling? and james nodding his head? probably because they were laughing at her very poor attempt of a cover. Shame on Avril. Shame on everyone performing except metallica bcos they FRKN rule. and the sheryl crow coverr.... that sucked monkey rectum
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
^laf, think about it. they knew who was going to perform. it was their show. im sure, invites were sent out.
they probably got a kick out of it.

i know if i was a huge band getting a tribute, id hate to have to sit there and listen to guys do my songs better than i could.
maybe that's why they had such mainstream bands up there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

if it doesnt work its the six feet under tnt cover
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
oh god, I saw this thread and wanted to commit suicide after the sweet child o' mine cover. avril lavigne just pissed me off more. Seriously, why does she think shes a bad ass? She's in pop-denial, and wishing she was good to be more than a sell-out to real music.

I don't care if nobody listens to it, and the world says we suck, I'm going to start a rock band with influences like van halen, Guns N' Roses, Led Zep, Hendrix, and AC/DC, along with some influence from the shred genre.

seriously, what happened to good music? I know a ton of people who love rock and metal, yet no really good bands come up in these styles anymore. Is it just that people are too lazy and unenthusiastic to learn to play like their heroes?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by spiroth10

I don't care if nobody listens to it, and the world says we suck, I'm going to start a rock band with influences like van halen, Guns N' Roses, Led Zep, Hendrix, and AC/DC, along with some influence from the shred genre.

uhh... thats nothing new actually.... even my band uses Van Halen and ACDC as influence for our sound. i tend to lean toward neo-classical, but i use Eddie, Paul Gilbert, and Satriani as my main influences...
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Quote by spiroth10
oh god, I saw this thread and wanted to commit suicide after the sweet child o' mine cover. avril lavigne just pissed me off more. Seriously, why does she think shes a bad ass? She's in pop-denial, and wishing she was good to be more than a sell-out to real music.

seriously, what happened to good music? I know a ton of people who love rock and metal, yet no really good bands come up in these styles anymore. Is it just that people are too lazy and unenthusiastic to learn to play like their heroes?

^I agree. I always wondered why it became acceptable for people like Avril Lavinge, Britney Spears, and the like to have record deals, when talented bands have to starve in LA untill they get lucky enough to be noticed by a talent scout. Or the ****ing Backstreet biys, or N'sync. God I could rant about them for hours. It pisses me off a lot. Then you've got guys like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, and Satch who are heroes to us guitarists, are amazing musicians, and hardly anyone who doesn't play guitar has even heard their names.

Oh well, life isn't fair.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by theo_siordia

Yep! That was bad vocally and musically!

And 18 and Life by Pink and Metal Skool
Quote by SG Man Forever
^I agree. I always wondered why it became acceptable for people like Avril Lavinge, Britney Spears, and the like to have record deals, when talented bands have to starve in LA untill they get lucky enough to be noticed by a talent scout. Or the ****ing Backstreet biys, or N'sync. God I could rant about them for hours. It pisses me off a lot. Then you've got guys like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, and Satch who are heroes to us guitarists, are amazing musicians, and hardly anyone who doesn't play guitar has even heard their names.

Oh well, life isn't fair.

because it appeals to the masses and not just the rock heads..
cummon everyone listens to avril, compared to her fanbase, how do you think the children of bodom or vai fanbase compares?

Her type of music appeals more to the younger generation and the less hardcore. Plus it doesnt offend the seniors...the companies know this..

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
^Now that I watch it again, i'll say it wasn't that bad.
Quote by Dog454

POKER..UG
^yeah she had professional musicians playing behind her, and she sang as tough as a 20 year old girl could.
of course it's not as bad as these guys thought.
imo, that sheryl song is so much worse, because imo, she sounds flat thru the whole thing.
and that was mixed in a studio.

i think most high school bands are influenced by van halen and so on.

and avril and the next wave of britneys get record deals because THEY SELL RECORDS.

sell records and guys will be lining up to sign you. it's not supposed to be fair. it's supposed to be a business.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Page 1 of 2