Page 1 of 2
ive been seeing a lot on the news lately of that one place trying to open but everyones protesting it because it offers abortion. it doesnt solely offer abortion, but since abortions are one of the things that it can do the damned pro-life people are parading and now its already built but cant open... pisses me off

what are your thoughts on abortion? i am pro choice, i dont see why someone would want to restrict anothers choices...

poll up soon maybe?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Pro-Choice. Although I'm sure my perspective would be different if I were a woman. :\
666 BRO
abortions>babies
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
I say abortions should be legal until the kid is old enough to vote... sorry to anyone from a non democratic country, looks like your parents can get rid of you anytime they want.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
im pro-life. i think a fetus is a potential life and therfor should be considerd taking life
Quote by metalisbest
I say abortions should be legal until the kid is old enough to vote... sorry to anyone from a non democratic country, looks like your parents can get rid of you anytime they want.

That way the whorish 13 year olds get whats coming to em!
My signature is stupid.
Quote by hanktehlordochi
That way the whorish 13 year olds get whats coming to em!

but without them, there would be no abortions
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
if anyone does not want kids... DONT GET PREGNANT... use your heads and use protection... if it was an accident youre ****ed....

abortion = murder
Quote by ep1kz
ive been seeing a lot on the news lately of that one place trying to open but everyones protesting it because it offers abortion. it doesnt solely offer abortion, but since abortions are one of the things that it can do the damned pro-life people are parading and now its already built but cant open... pisses me off

what are your thoughts on abortion? i am pro choice, i dont see why someone would want to restrict anothers choices...

poll up soon maybe?
I don't think fetuses have rights. To the extent that they have thoughts and feelings it's far less than animals we readily kill, the latter of which some we should and some we shouldn't.

The number of "potential people" we constantly "kill" by action (masturbating) and inaction (not constantly fucking) is staggering, but shouldn't be considered much a moral question, though it may be important philosophically (like a whole bunch of otherwise insignificant or impractical questions).

Mothers do have rights though, and hypothetical children have hypothetical rights not to be born to people who don't want to or can't properly raise them. It's these two latter actual rights that should be considered. It's not like you're violating a potential person's rights not to give birth to them when they'd lead a miserable life; there's always another potential child around, always, or even an already born child needing adoption, and if it's a choice between a miserable child and a happy child, you pick the happy child, since potential people have no rights.

It's really not a difficult question, people just have backwards, irrational ideas about morality.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
I think that most people who say they're pro-life are trying to control other people's lives. If they think abortion is murder, then no one's forcing them to do it. It's impossible to give a definite answer to the abortion question, so I'd rather be pro-choice and let people decide themselves.

Besides, making abortions illegal will mean that rape victims and girls who make unfortunate decicions when drunk or whatnot will suffer, while keeping abortions legal will do no actual harm except make christians kick up a fuss.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by jammoe
I don't think fetuses have rights. To the extent that they have thoughts and feelings it's far less than animals we readily kill, the latter of which some we should and some we shouldn't.

The number of "potential people" we constantly "kill" by action (masturbating) and inaction (not constantly fucking) is staggering, but shouldn't be considered much a moral question, though it may be important philosophically (like a whole bunch of otherwise insignificant or impractical questions).

Mothers do have rights though, and hypothetical children have hypothetical rights not to be born to people who don't want to or can't properly raise them. It's these two latter actual rights that should be considered. It's not like you're violating a potential person's rights not to give birth to them when they'd lead a miserable life; there's always another potential child around, always, or even an already born child needing adoption, and if it's a choice between a miserable child and a happy child, you pick the happy child, since potential people have no rights.

It's really not a difficult question, people just have backwards, irrational ideas about morality.

alot of very influential people people in the world have lived miserable lives and have come up from that to where they are today, who are we to decide whether or not they want to live thier lives
Quote by JC13
I'm pro life, and I still find it weird people say they are pro-choice.. Why don't they just say they are pro-abortion? Because that is what they believe in.

Also this is *reported*.

Several reasons:
Nothing but flames will come to people.
It's been done before, AND locked.

I don't belive in abortion,but i believe in choice,therefore i go Pro-Choice. May sound confusing,but it makes sense to me
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by Henry Polfave
I don't belive in abortion,but i believe in choice,therefore i go Pro-Choice. May sound confusing,but it makes sense to me

certain choices have consequences though, i believe in choice but i dont believe a person should go kill another person because they wanted to or because it was their choice. if thats your reason for supporting abortion you may as well support the terrorist that hit the towers, it was their choice to do so
I am pro-choice.

People have the right to choose how they want they're lives to be. If they dont want the child, thats theyre decision. The world keeps turning.
as a male i don't see as to how i can have thoughts on abortion. i will never have something growing inside of me unless, its a tumor. so as a man i have no stance on abortion and think nothing less of a woman if she aborts an illegitemate child or if she births it, but if she brings it into this world she must make sure to take care of it or get it to the proper people for care.
Fetuses have human DNA, which is separate from that of the mother... and are "alive" as they are an organism that has metabolic pathways. This makes them human life.

The issue isn't whether a fetus is a living human, but rather whether a human has an inherent right to life. Furthermore, is this inherent right to life more viable than the inherent right for a "host mother" to control what is inside of her.

I argue yes... but that's a philosphical question.

Scientifically... an unborn fetus is, in fact, human life. /debate
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Dauntless
certain choices have consequences though, i believe in choice but i dont believe a person should go kill another person because they wanted to or because it was their choice. if thats your reason for supporting abortion you may as well support the terrorist that hit the towers, it was their choice to do so

no,It was thier choice,and i did'nt agree with it

i can be pro choice and not agree with a certain choice,as there are always two sides to the choice
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Dauntless

Certain choices have consequences. If a woman who for example got raped chooses not to abort, she might be raising a child under poor conditions. The mother ends up more poor than she would be if she chose to abort, and the child might become one of the many losers in modern society. It was her choice to do so. Of course, it might go well, but we never know.

And comparing this to the terrorist act is bloody stupid. A mother can choose whether to abort or not because up until at least 22 weeks, a fetus CANNOT live outside its mother's womb. I don't think USA is living inside the womb of Al-Qaida.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by ProjectDark
I am pro-choice.

People have the right to choose how they want they're lives to be. If they dont want the child, thats theyre decision. The world keeps turning.

not for the kid killed it doesnt, think of it th other way aound, if you had been aborted
Quote by Dauntless
not for the kid killed it doesnt, think of it th other way aound, if you had been aborted

The kid killed can barley think
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by jammoe

Youve got a lot to learn!
Quote by jammoe

+100

I totally agree. I'm a chick, If I were to get preggors that'd be MY choice whether or not to kill it (but that's not gonna happen because I was smart and go birth control, and then to help prevent STD's I make'em use a condom :P)
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
Quote by Raziel2p
Certain choices have consequences. If a woman who for example got raped chooses not to abort, she might be raising a child under poor conditions. The mother ends up more poor than she would be if she chose to abort, and the child might become one of the many losers in modern society. It was her choice to do so. Of course, it might go well, but we never know.

And comparing this to the terrorist act is bloody stupid. A mother can choose whether to abort or not because up until at least 22 weeks, a fetus CANNOT live outside its mother's womb. I don't think USA is living inside the womb of Al-Qaida.

if she thinks that she cant raise the kid well then give him up for adoption, i know plently of adopted kids who turned out great. and im comparing it to terrorism by means of the choices we make, he said he wasnt for abortion but he was for choice, well certain choices should not be allowed to be made
Quote by Musicman48858
Fetuses have human DNA, which is separate from that of the mother... and are "alive" as they are an organism that has metabolic pathways. This makes them human life.

The issue isn't whether a fetus is a living human, but rather whether a human has an inherent right to life. Furthermore, is this inherent right to life more viable than the inherent right for a "host mother" to control what is inside of her.

I argue yes... but that's a philosphical question.

Scientifically... an unborn fetus is, in fact, human life. /debate

As said, a fetus cannot live outside a mother's womb before it's at least 22 weeks of age. Does this make it an independent lifeform? If you say yes you might as well say that parents shouldn't have the right to say "our house, our rules" anymore either.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Henry Polfave

ok then its ok for me to kill mentally retarded people
Quote by Raziel2p
As said, a fetus cannot live outside a mother's womb before it's at least 22 weeks of age. Does this make it an independent lifeform? If you say yes you might as well say that parents shouldn't have the right to say "our house, our rules" anymore either.

And an infant can't live without some sort of support system. Clearly, they are not an "independant life form." By your logic, it should be acceptable to kill an infant simply because they can't survive on the wild on their own.
Gear:
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Henry Polfave

he cant think, but you would be killing a person who might do something great for everyone one day or may do the exact opposite he may do something horrible, but thats the point. on day he would grow up to be his own human being but instead he is being killed off
Quote by Dauntless

If i had been aborted? Well, i wouldnt know because i would cease to exist.

People have the right to choose how they bring life into this world, if they dont feel its time or if it wasnt by choice (aka rape), why should i be the one to say, "Hey, keep the kid, because if you abort, your a murderer, you should be ashamed!".

Abortion isnt killing a human being, its killing a part of yourself. As tumor if you will. I know it sounds rash, but its the truth. Some people arent ready when it happens and i think they should be allowed the choice to choose when they want the child if at all.
Quote by Dauntless
he cant think, but you would be killing a person who might do something great for everyone one day or may do the exact opposite he may do something horrible, but thats the point. on day he would grow up to be his own human being but instead he is being killed off

You can't predict the future,and it's pussys like you who want to make it happy

It's not going to be.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by ProjectDark
If i had been aborted? Well, i wouldnt know because i would cease to exist.

People have the right to choose how they bring life into this world, if they dont feel its time or if it wasnt by choice (aka rape), why should i be the one to say, "Hey, keep the kid, because if you abort, your a murderer, you should be ashamed!".

Abortion isnt killing a human being, its killing a part of yourself. As tumor if you will. I know it sounds rash, but its the truth. Some people arent ready when it happens and i think they should be allowed the choice to choose when they want the child if at all.

if the kid is a rape child then why cant he just be given up for adoption
Quote by Dauntless
if she thinks that she cant raise the kid well then give him up for adoption, i know plently of adopted kids who turned out great. and im comparing it to terrorism by means of the choices we make, he said he wasnt for abortion but he was for choice, well certain choices should not be allowed to be made

You need to separate "pro-adoption" and "pro-choice" more. Just because you and the other pro-life people think that adoption is wrong, doesn't mean you should force other people into following your guidelines in life. If you're christian, you don't demand that muslims follow your rules. Pro-choice means people get to decide for themselves whether it's murder or not, and take action accordingly. And as for the adoption, there are many women who do not wish to give birth because of the trauma, pain etc. Not to mention the fact that they might want to seek the child later on in life.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by ProjectDark

False. A fetus is NOT part of the mother. Separate DNA, separate chromosomes. A woman, by definition, cannot have a Y chromosome in her genetic code. A fetus can. Science wins.
Gear:
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Dauntless

Why would you willingly put a child thru a life alone?

"Sorry son, your un-wanted so we're going to put you with the other unwanted kids and how you turn out allright!"

To me, that would be worse than aborting before the child can experience this ****hole of a world.
Quote by Musicman48858
And an infant can't live without some sort of support system. Clearly, they are not an "independant life form." By your logic, it should be acceptable to kill an infant simply because they can't survive on the wild on their own.

In theory, yes. But if the infant has been born, no parent would make that choice. Try to think practically and not just theoretically here.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
You need to separate "pro-adoption" and "pro-choice" more. Just because you and the other pro-life people think that adoption is wrong, doesn't mean you should force other people into following your guidelines in life. If you're christian, you don't demand that muslims follow your rules. Pro-choice means people get to decide for themselves whether it's murder or not, and take action accordingly. And as for the adoption, there are many women who do not wish to give birth because of the trauma, pain etc. Not to mention the fact that they might want to seek the child later on in life.

if they want to seek the child then keep it, thats the point, after the birth the mother may want to keep the child rape victim or not. if not then send them through the adoption process, im not trying to force beliefs just to find a more humane way of living out certain circumstances
Quote by petrucci is god
ok then its ok for me to kill mentally retarded people

we're not talking about mentally retarded people.. we're talking about fetuses. YES the WILL become people, but before you're able to tell gender, before their able to live outside of the womb 100% on their on ability, I do not believe them to be a life.

and why the hell would I ruin my body to put some brat through adoption? If anything, that would also give it a ****ed life; think about it, the kid starts to think, "omg, I was a mistake.. my parents never wanted me" and whether or not the child has a good foster home it will always be there.
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
Quote by Dauntless

Oh how about the verious nasty side affects of giving bith? Pregancy is a HORRIBLE experience for a woman. and after the peganancy is horrible too...

You just sound a like...fairly sexist moron when you completely fail to understand how traumatic that would be for a women.

If someone knocked you out and tied a man to you and said "You can't get rid of this man or hell die, you have to live with him attached obstructing you in numerous ways for most of a year...sorry"

which is exactly the same circunmstance as pregancy from rape..woudl you take that? no you wouldn't
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Page 1 of 2