the crate flexwave series. has someone played on them? im not going to the crate fans forum or whatever cuz they will all say good things, and i want neutral opinions
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 23, 2007,
Though I do not own a Crate Flex wave, I do own a Crate SS and I can tell you I would never buy a Flex Wave ever. I'm not hating on crate, the palomino and blue voodoo are remarkable amps for what they are but in all seriousness I can't fathom why someone would buy a SS crate. After owning both an SS crate and a tube amp I can honestly tell you that buying an SS crate would be a complete waste of money because eventually you'll become smart and just buy the tube amp anyway later on.

I've said it before, the only thing a Crate SS could be good for would be for practicing at very low volumes, when your just starting, and maybe can't afford a tube amp, and even then I think the Valve Jr. would be a wiser choice.

If your thinking about a small flex wave and are short on money I can understand they are tempting considering you seem to get a lot for the money, but I would buy a crate palomino over that, and if your talking about the half stack DON'T YOU DARE, get a tube combo, will not only be louder but sound much much better. I'm sure many UGers will agree with me there.

And thats just my $0.02
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
they actually arent to bad

a step ahead of those glx's they replaced(im pretty sure they replaced them). considering how cheap they are as well they>peavey rage
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.