Ok, I'm looking through drums things for new drums, and I was wondering...
If I get a Sonor drum set, and use a PDP drum rack, will they work together?
Because I dont wanna buy both and find out that the Sonor toms dont fit into the PDP tom arm. Or do I have to buy a certian thing to fit it on?
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
it should work, most tom arms should fit all drums, but if it doest, just buy pdp tom brackets and put them on your toms.
I am the drummer.
There shouldn't be a problem, drummers mix hardware all the time.

Edit:

Also, if it's a beginner kit you're buying, I'd steer away from Sonor. Sonor kits are notoriously expensive, so unless it's a professional kit you plan on using for a long time, I'd buy something else.

Just a thought.
Last edited by theduke92 at Sep 23, 2007,
Yes, L-brackets are universal and will fit any tom. Unless you're talking about the kind of toms that have like a 2" hole in the shell that a big metal pole goes though. Those are only on really low end kits though.
Quote by theduke92
There shouldn't be a problem, drummers mix hardware all the time.

Edit:

Also, if it's a beginner kit you're buying, I'd steer away from Sonor. Sonor kits are notoriously expensive, so unless it's a professional kit you plan on using for a long time, I'd buy something else.

Just a thought.

Well, i'm better than intermediate, but not a pro, but I can afford it.
Actually, I was looking at Tamas and Pearls too, but so far, i'm still trying to figure out what to get. I want to get Tamas because all my favorite drummers (Lars Ulrich Scott Travis and Vinnie Paul*in Pantera*) use them (and theier bass drums sound great!), and Pearls because well, they're top of the line, affordable, and have a ton of cool stuff.