i think that the distortion effect in my amp does not sound very good, that's why i need a pedal... the problem is that i dont know what pedal (brand) to buy with about $150.. what do you think??
definitely a boss ds-2. its a great all around distortion, for about 40$usd. its easy to use and its great. i use it for everything lol.
i cant think of a good sig....
oh thanks!! do you have other more effect pedals other than this? another dist. pedal perhaps?
dont mean to sound like an asshole but, its the ds-1 thats 40,
the ds-2 is a bit better in my opinion and its around 79, unless youve found it for 40 then thats great
Send me off to bed forevermore.
rather than the ds-2, spend an extra $30 usd or so and buy the boss OS-2. its a distortion pedal and an overdrive pedal in one, so you can blend overdrive and distortion and get pretty much any tone you can imagine. i bought it about a month ago and it is one of the best buys ive ever made. it handles hendrix to van halen to metalica and everthing in between
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Quote by phobiafreak949
rather than the ds-2, spend an extra $30 usd or so and buy the boss OS-2. its a distortion pedal and an overdrive pedal in one, so you can blend overdrive and distortion and get pretty much any tone you can imagine. i bought it about a month ago and it is one of the best buys ive ever made. it handles hendrix to van halen to metalica and everthing in between

thanks man!!

ive noticed though... you all like boss pedals much..ahehehe
do you own or have used a pedal that sounds good or better than boss ones?
Last edited by batiboy06 at Sep 23, 2007,
with $150, you can do much better. Add a bit more and you can get the Tech21 Sansamp GT2. Good pedal that can do fender cleans to a mesa chug.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by batiboy06
i think that the distortion effect in my amp does not sound very good, that's why i need a pedal... the problem is that i dont know what pedal (brand) to buy with about $150.. what do you think??

What amp are you using?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Good God The DS-1 is terrible.

Go for a Damage control Solid Metal or Demoizer.

Or a Electro Har. Metal Muff

Skip BOSS for tone and distortion. Boss's only strength is effects.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
^ un-modded DS-1's are terrible, the modded ones actually sound quite nice.

DS-2 or modded DS-1 are my suggestions.
Quote by Ubershall404
Good God The DS-1 is terrible.

Go for a Damage control Solid Metal or Demoizer.

Or a Electro Har. Metal Muff

Skip BOSS for tone and distortion. Boss's only strength is effects.

i think those are not found here...they're not familiar either...sorry...
aside from the boss ones, i have seen boston and MXR pedals...

BTW, are the MXR distortion pedals better? or worth buying??
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
What amp are you using?

a marshall MG15cdr... the distortion effect is useful, although, i still find the need of a pedal so i can enable and disable the effect whenever i need/want, and so that i have more variations of what kind of distortion i need...
what style of music do you play / what tone do you want? for $150ish you can do far better than the aforementioned boss pedals. i love my crunchbox, it sounds absolutely amazing, from smooth blues to cranked marshall rock. you can also look into proco rats, and i've heard good things about the tech21, though i've never played it myself.
Quote by batiboy06
a marshall MG15cdr... the distortion effect is useful, although, i still find the need of a pedal so i can enable and disable the effect whenever i need/want, and so that i have more variations of what kind of distortion i need...

Nope, you just need a new amp - save up another $50 or so and you could get something pretty decent. If you're considering buying a pedal that cost more than the amp itself that should tell you something.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Nope, you just need a new amp - save up another $50 or so and you could get something pretty decent. If you're considering buying a pedal that cost more than the amp itself that should tell you something.

the amp is fine for me...this amp is just for practice and some small gigs, i wont brag it outside neither, and also, it is has still been about 2 months since i bought it, that's why i dont want to replace it yet
Quote by batiboy06
the amp is fine for me...this amp is just for practice and some small gigs, i wont brag it outside neither, and also, it is has still been about 2 months since i bought it, that's why i dont want to replace it yet

No, the amp is NOT fine for you - if it was you wouldn't be wanting to change the sound with pedals

A pedal isn't going to make the amp any better and you'll just be wasting your money on an expensive doorstop. $150 pedals are designed to sound good through $1500 amps, they won't do jack through the MG. $200 will get you a Vox Valvetronix 15 watt which is 10 times better than the MG...you can probably sell the MG for 50 bucks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I agree with the Seagull. Get a new amp instead. Roland Cubes seem very nice.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by steven seagull
No, the amp is NOT fine for you - if it was you wouldn't be wanting to change the sound with pedals

A pedal isn't going to make the amp any better and you'll just be wasting your money on an expensive doorstop. $150 pedals are designed to sound good through $1500 amps, they won't do jack through the MG. $200 will get you a Vox Valvetronix 15 watt which is 10 times better than the MG...you can probably sell the MG for 50 bucks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958

ohh... i see... thanks man!! sorry for my ignorance...i'm kinda new to these kinds of stuff
No worries - if people didn't ask questions we'd never learn anything
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

Well said and I agree 110%

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com