Can't seem to find what I'm lookin for with the search function...

Ok... If my guitar currently has passive pickups, but I want to exchange them for Active pickups... what would I have to do? I've changed pickups before, from one passive to another passive, but never from passive to active... so I dont really know what I would have to do.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
You'll more than likely have to change all the electronics in your guitar, pots, etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've never been too good at the electronics (wires.. soldering.. ughh)... haha burn my hands ever time I use a soldering iron... 4 blisters on my last pickup change.

So, I can pay someone to do all the rewiring for me, correct? How much would it cost on average ya think?
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Quote by Ryioku
I've never been too good at the electronics (wires.. soldering.. ughh)... haha burn my hands ever time I use a soldering iron... 4 blisters on my last pickup change.

So, I can pay someone to do all the rewiring for me, correct? How much would it cost on average ya think?

youl have to rout a big part of the body out to fit the batterys in...i would take it to a proffesional, but if you ask me its more trouble than its worth
Depends on the guitar. My LTD H-300 had EMGs added after market without any modification to the body. Just need enough room in there for the batteries.

Do you actually need to change the pots? I changed the EMG 81 out for a Dimarzio Breed without any changes to the other stuff (except removing the battery clip from the circuit) and it sounds great!