Hi people! I came across this guitar on the ibanez website and haven't heard a lot from it. There are very few posts containing this item when I search for it on this forum. How new is this guitar then? Can you share some info with me please? Is it neckthrough?
Anybody plays with it? What are your experiences?

PS: It's not the 2620, it's the 2620E
link: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg/m/RG2620E_CBK_00_02.gif

Thanks
That finish has been around for a few years, but those inlays are new. The guitar is pretty nice, but keep in mind that the difference in price between this and a cheaper Prestige guitar is the finish.

So, given that the neck is exactly the same you can choose to buy a cheaper Prestige and upgrade the pickups or to save up some more and get a J custom, unless you like the finish of course.

The neck is bolt-on, but thanks to the AANJ the upper fret access is nearly as good as on a neck through. I've tried quite a few of the new 2007 Prestige guitars and they're great.

By the way, there's also a darker blue version of that guitar which looks nice as well.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I saw the blue finish and that's of an RG2620 I believe. So all the prestige guitars got the same neck you say, hmm.. kind of expensive then just for a finish... The 1570 is around €800, and this one is €1200 (rounded numbers).
Quote by Chimeray
I saw the blue finish and that's of an RG2620 I believe. So all the prestige guitars got the same neck you say, hmm.. kind of expensive then just for a finish... The 1570 is around €800, and this one is €1200 (rounded numbers).

If you don't really care for the finish you might as well get the 1570 and change the pickups (even if you change all of them you still have enough money left over to buy fries or waffles or whatever it is you Belgians buy).
Haha, that's just a cliché, like in Swiss they eat chocolate all the time? Don't think so
I actually DO care for the finish, I like that white pewter a lot. The neck is still black though I don't really know, it's either the RG2550E which is cheaper or this RG2620E which I like the looks better of. But it's like 150-200€ more expensive just for a finish.

Does anyone have any photos of the 2620E? Custom photos, cos professional photos differ greatly from the real thing
2550 doesn't even have the same pickup configuration. And its front routed opposed to rear.

Anyways that should be a japanese only model. *6** is usually only released in japan (although lately Ibanez just kinda name their guitars whatever)|

Those inlays came out I believe in summer 06 (possibly Winter 07)
I personally hate the look. Whatever floats your boat.
I don't understand the difference between front and rear routed guitars, can you explain that please?:s
Anyone got some pictures of their own RG2620E? (the white pewter finish)?
Thanks!
Quote by Chimeray
I don't understand the difference between front and rear routed guitars, can you explain that please?:s

Front routed means that is has a pickguard, because the rout for the electronics is on the front and rear routed means that the electronics are installed in a cavity routed in the back, so it doesn't need a pickguard.

Front routed:

Rear routed:

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 2, 2007,
the guitar's just the 2620E with a different finish and no pickgaurd.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
A guy said this guitar is quite bright sounding, not that full :s I'm gonna play mainly hardrock and soloplay so is this guitar actually a good decision? :s I think I can get the tone down with an amp for some heavy riffs anyway, but I got to be sure
Quote by Chimeray
A guy said this guitar is quite bright sounding, not that full :s I'm gonna play mainly hardrock and soloplay so is this guitar actually a good decision? :s I think I can get the tone down with an amp for some heavy riffs anyway, but I got to be sure

Basswood RG style guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGA3vjMLgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGuNxeOSP4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2zXMR2yc8E&mode=related&search=
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 12, 2007,