I am now infuriated with the distortion on my Marshall MG15DFX. I've denied its ****tyness for a long ass time but i never did anything about it until now. I'm playing an HSS strat through it (as well as occasionally a Crybaby 535Q) and i wanted to get a DS-1 for it so as to not suck as much ass.

I have horrible gear-lust right now and the DS-1 is pretty damn cheap so i imagine i'll be getting it regardless, but i just had a few questions first:

1. I plan only to play through the clean channel (puhraise the lawuhd) with the DS-1, so should i still expect noise from the amp?

2. What's the stylistic range of the DS-1?

3. how fast does it eat through batteries lol?

4. Should i get an adapter? if so, how much would that run me?

5. i assume taht the tone knob affects treble somehow (unthinkable i know), so is that knob the one with the largest effect on the extraneous noise the pedal creates?

6. would i be best served using it as a boost or as a pure dist on the clean channel?

BTW i will get an amp eventually, but im pretty strapped right now...

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: and i play every conceivable type of music (except country and folk), though i favor classic and hard rock
Last edited by H(i)SS at Sep 23, 2007,
Fender Blues Jr

Pedal isnt gonna help that amp sorry.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
ds-1 is allright in my opinion, and id reccomend you get an adapter, then a new amp. i run a ds-1 purely to fatten my cleans, ill turn the tone down a little then the distortion will be pulled all the way down, sounds all right, but the ds-1 does suck a lot of lows out, just so you know, so its kindof more suited to lead work.

but who cares, its $40 then a $15 adapter (im guessing) (and you can use it on other pedals) so why not just try it?
Quote by The Master Plan
Fender Blues Jr

Pedal isnt gonna help that amp sorry.

no. that's useless. i'm broke. not even a little helpful, cuz if i were going to get a new amp at this point, i'm planning to save for a Valveking or a Palomino. See? that's how bad it is... im not even saving, i'm planning to save lol

Quote by sobeisbull
ds-1 is allright in my opinion, and id reccomend you get an adapter, then a new amp. i run a ds-1 purely to fatten my cleans, ill turn the tone down a little then the distortion will be pulled all the way down, sounds all right, but the ds-1 does suck a lot of lows out, just so you know, so its kindof more suited to lead work.

but who cares, its $40 then a $15 adapter (im guessing) (and you can use it on other pedals) so why not just try it?

thanks. ya id heard it kinda kills your bass. i'm mostly getting it as a lead supplement, but i figured i might as well phase out my **** gain channel anyway lol. and ya it is just so damn cheap. on top of that i can't really get much worse than my MG... *sigh*

but if it sucks a lot of bass out couldn't i theoretically leave my wah fixed in the bass position, overload on treble and bass on everything else, and scoop out mids all whilst on the clean channel?