what should i play? im at a kinda beginner/intermediate level (closer to intermediate) and im not really sure where to start, i've read the thread on solo's for beginners but i find it kinda overwhelming coz people suggest so many songs, so i'd like to know what the first solo you guys learnt (first solo ever that is) is.
first solo i ever learnt was million miles away by the offspring. pretty damn simple. or what happend to you by the offspring aswell, thats quite a good solo to learn
First solo I ever learnt was Be Yourself by Audioslave. Insanely easy, and cool, except I dont have a wah-wah. Rats.
thanks keep em coming!
a few metal wouldnt hurt either (not that i dont like the suggestions already)
MASTER OF PUPPETS!!!

no jus kiddin... =P

try teen spirit by nirvana - thats quite easy
Solo from "Vultures" by The Offspring, it's kinda easy. Also small classical solo from Metallica's "One" (it's about 3:10 of the song) is fairly easy.

EDIT: One solo is easy without the fast legato parts, but you should learn how to do them sooner or later, so why don't start it now?
The first solo I learned was More Than A Feeling as well! The solo for American Psycho by Treble Charger and Stacey's Mom by Fountains of Wayne were close seconds though.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
learn the solo of nothing else matters....easy and short and cause its from metallica its ****ing awsome as well!
the beginning solo from Fade To Black, simple and sounds great
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.