Hi, so uhm I've been playing guitar for like 6 months. But whenever I try to learn a song on tablature, it just doesn't work. I've been trying for weeks, even quite simple songs; but I just don't get the rythm of the songs. Is it normal that you can't read the rythm on tabs?

It's so irritating, i've been playing the 5 songs my teacher learned me over and over. And it's getting sooo boring
Well usually if you know the song it should be pretty straight forward. Try listening to the song whilst reading through the tabs.
yeah music notation is the way to go if your wanting to be able to sight read because at best you barely can get rythm from songs
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Make sure your trying lo learn songs that you already know pretty well to listen to...if you're trying to play a song that you're not particularly familiar with you've got no chance. Also, try humming the guitar parts to yourself to get even more familiar with them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ok, thanks. It's just with the drums, bass and singing that it's quite hard to listen to the guitar and try to discover the rythm.
Quote by Adriaan999
Ok, thanks. It's just with the drums, bass and singing that it's quite hard to listen to the guitar and try to discover the rythm.

Just keep listening - your ears are just as important as yor fingers when playing guitar, and like your fingers they need training. You listen differently as a player than you do as just a, well, listener...but it's something you need to teach yourself to do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com