arch enemy is playing on the 1st and 2nd of november, at luna park in sydney.

now arch enemy are one of my favourite bands, and every singlg member is a big influence on my music. also with carcass, michael ammott influenced me a lot, and between them and arch enemy you have 2 of my biggest influences.

trouble is, the headliners are trivium and machine head, and the other support is shadows fall.

now, trivium i absolutely abhorr...i hate them because they ripped off carcass and got famous off it, they rip-off riffs by several other legendary metal bands, and lastly, because nowadays they are a metallica rip-off, right down to the bell-bottom-wearing bassist.

(ok...don't comment on that bit. i just had to vent my anger...)

and as for machine head and shadows fall, i don't have that much against them, i just think they're boring.

so the only band i would pay to see is arch enemy.
the question is how much would i pay?

i can get to sydney and back for $30 on a bus.
the tickets cost $70.
i could get a room in a youth hostel cheap, but the problem is that's on the other side of the harbour.

the concert starts at 4 (but knowing concerts, it'll probably start a minimum of half an hour after that)
i'm not sure how long the bands would play for, but i'm pretty sure the ferry across the harbour ends at 11.

and i'd want to at least watch every band except trivium (who i assume are the main act) because i'd want my moneys worth out of it.

so, after reading all that.

do you think it's worth it?
on the one hand i practically worship AE, but on the other, it'll cost so much...but i probably wouldn't get to see them for a few more years if i miss this chance. and a lot of things can happen in a few years.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Hell yes, Even if you dont like the other bands, just go for arch enemy, that all i'm going for in melbourne!
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
I say go. You don't know what could happen afterwards..say if they were driving to the next gig, and were killed in a car/bus crash.

NEVER say "I'll go see them next time".

I say go, man. I agree that Trivium suck, but Machine Head and Shadows Fall put on awesome live shows. Even if you don't like them, I think you'll like the shows they put on.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
yhhh... when me n my mates cant get home from a gig we just walk around all night then get the train home the next day....

good times
Quote by spazzymagee417
after i wipe i look at the toilet paper. anyone else do that?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
hamburger. put your wang between your cojones and turn 'em sideways.

hahahaha
do it man. i feel like such a tool, cuz i like trivium, but have just realized that what you told me is true. maybe things will change now. ANYWAY go for it, should be awesome. by the way is the luna park up there any good?
****, forgot all about this

ok, thanks for the encouragement fellas, i reckon i'll go.
like you said, it'll be worth it for arch enemy alone, and the other bands should put on a good show.

and to mr barnicles; it's kind of boring...not a whole lot of rides. i could only enjoy being there for a couple of hours or less. but it looks to be a pretty good concert venue.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
machine head put on a fantastic live show imo...if you haven't listened to their new album check it out...i never liked them much but that album just blew me away

i like trivium as well and i'm aware that i'm the minority with that opinion on this forum but they put on a good show when i saw them as well...

but yea you should definetly go
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by glm
Angela Gossow! Fuck the rest.
Christina Scabbia > Angela Gossow
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Even if you find them boring, you won't regret seeing Machine Head live. They're incredible.

I think it's worth it.
Who dat?
im going to that too in UK hopefully! yeah....
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by RageAgainst...
Christina Scabbia > Angela Gossow

My opinion>Your opinion.
The one thing about concerts is, even if you dont like the band you still always end up having a decent enough time somehow.