Hey all, a couple months ago I got some of my dad's old guitar stuff, of which was a cheap plywood piece of junk that I'm turning into a Guitar Hero controller and the amp mentioned in the topic title. I was just wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences with this model. I've done a little research and discovered that it was made around 1973-1976 and is 20W. I'm not sure of the reliability of the site but that's my only lead. I'm guessing it's been sitting in my dad's shop for about 20-30 years. Is there a way to find out what kind of tubes it uses so i can get them replaced?

Any info on this amp is greatly appreciated, even if it's just confirmation on anything I've already said. This is my second amp, my first one being a real hunk of crap.
traynor has a really good reputation, it could maybe be worth quite abit , how does it sound??

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
I haven't played that model, but I love old Traynors. Here's a link to the reviews on Harmony Central. Says it uses a pair of EL84's and 12AX7's. Easy enough.

I suspect you have a nice amp on your hands.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I love the clean channel, although I suspect that I need to change the tubes because I hear quite a bit of fuzz in the background and when using the reverb I get this beating sound kinda like a heartbeat but instead of a badum badum it's just a dum dum lol. Am I right in assuming that I sould leave the ground switch in the on position because it has no ground on the end of the cable? I'm a noob, only been playing about 8 months, so bear with me.
You can try the ground switch in different positions, it won't hurt the amp. It's possible the hum will go away in the off position. An amp that old may need some caps replaced. Tubes generally don't cause a buzzing. The reverb could just be weak. I doubt it's tube driven.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.