Hello all

It seems to me that a lot of UGers like strats. I like em too.

WITH HUMBUCKERS!!! ARGH!!!! AM I ****ING CRAZY, I hear you cry?

Well, no. I'm not. But people seem to have a problem with that. They're all like "NO! Don't get the HH strat! It takes all the stratitude out of it!"

I don't want stratitude. I like a strat's design, but I want more power under the hood, so what's wrong with some 'buckers in it?

Same for people who want tremolos on their les pauls. Maybe they like a les paul's tone and solid feel, but want to do divebombs n stuff aswell.

Why do people make such a fuss out of it?
There is nothing wrong with having buckers in a strat, just look at my ESP . Anyways, you could probably split the coils so that you could have single coils and humbucker pickups.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
There is nothing wrong with having buckers in a strat, just look at my ESP . Anyways, you could probably split the coils so that you could have single coils and humbucker pickups.

Nothing is wrong with that, i have a BC Rich Warlock with Single Coils.

J/K. BC Rich sucks, and so do strats with humbuckers. Get a guitar that's made for them.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by SGStrummer61

That's what I wanted, actually.

Surprisingly, I heard the HH strat sounds very strat-like, even with full humbuckers on. What's the point in making an HH one, then, if it's gonna sound like any other?
If I ever got a strat, I'd want buckers in it.
It's just....idk, like, can you imagine a Les paul with S-S-S setup?
no, just...eurgh.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by sashki
That's what I wanted, actually.

Surprisingly, I heard the HH strat sounds very strat-like, even with full humbuckers on. What's the point in making an HH one, then, if it's gonna sound like any other?

Strat humbuckers are a little twangier than most other humbuckers that you will find. If you want more of a fatter sound, then replace the pickups as it is quite easy to do.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by Yngwi3
If I ever got a strat, I'd want buckers in it.
It's just....idk, like, can you imagine a Les paul with S-S-S setup?
no, just...eurgh.

I actually plan on getting a LP modded for me.

Floyd rose
HHH setup with a Fernandes Sustainer.
The Neck couldn't be split unfortunately but the mid and bridge can be & each one will have a switch to do it.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by ItWillDo

J/K. BC Rich sucks, and so do strats with humbuckers. Get a guitar that's made for them.

A strat has an alder body, bolt on maple neck and a tremolo. That's practically the same as a lot of Ibanez or ESP guitars, whcih have buckers.
I'd personally get a superstrat if I wanted a strat design with buckers.
But those people who tell you it's bloody murder to put humbuckers in a strat are probably just silly traditionalists.

Altough I gotta admit I would be slightly alienated by a Les Paul with a S-S-S layout.
Quote by Kanthras

Altough I gotta admit I would be slightly alienated by a Les Paul with a S-S-S layout.

So would I actually.
But then, Les Pauls started out with p-90 single coils.

And in the 80's, with the rise of the superstrat, there were plenty with humbuckers, like Charvels. So I guess we're more used to them.