Im gettin a js30rr for my birthday and for christmas im getting an amp and maybe sum pickups. Any suggestions for an amp and pups that would suit a js30rr?
Getting spoiled at Christmas ftw!

EMG 81/85 combo maybe?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
How long have you been playing guitar? If it's not that long don't bother wasting money on pickups that will make a minimal difference. The JS30RR is about £200 right? So you should be looking into the same kind of price for an amp. With that guitar, I'm guessing you want to play metal? If so, you should probably look at a Roland Cube of some sort, maybe Cube 30 or 60.
81/89 Ftw
Quote by silentdob
*waits for the legion of Dimebag fans to beat me to death with bottles of Jack*
Quote by 12joey.c12
ive bin playin for nearly 3 years

And what amp do you have at the moment?
a squier sp 10! its monkey balls. But for band practice i use my m8s mesa stack (kickass)!
Quote by 12joey.c12
a squier sp 10! its monkey balls. But for band practice i use my m8s mesa stack (kickass)!

Well, if you can give us a budget then we can recommend better stuff. But seriously, the Roland Cube 30/60 is good value for money, and has nice amp models. Recto, in particular.
Quote by 12joey.c12
well for crimbo ive got bout 300 quid

In that case, you could easily get a Cube 60 and a set of EMGs, if distortion's what you want.
hell yeah hard and heavy - but i want to be able to play moderately clean as well mind
i think a cube 20 would do fine because as i said before, i mostly use my mates amp for band practise so i only need a bedroom practise amp
are you sure you want a js30rr? i haven't tried them but they have a reputation as basically being starter guitars...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah man, the JS's are like the cheapest Jackson V's. THey're for beginners and by the sound of it you're a bit more than that
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
i'd strongly advise looking into something else... yamaha pacifica 412, aes420/620, hardtail lags, import hamers, etc....
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i played it and for the priced i was amazed by the acctual quality, have any of you guys acctually played one?
Quote by 12joey.c12
could any one reccomend me sum effects to go with a js30rr?? and a cube 15x??

Man, get a Cube 30 and you'll have good volume for bedroom practice and if you wanted to do some small rehearsing, then you could use it for that too. It also has some effects built in so..y'know..
ill defo get a roland cube, im off to sound control tommorow to check sum out
if you like it, go with the jackson- just try your best to try those other guitars I mentioned head to head with it (or at least some of them), if at all possible. does it have a trem? to be honest, cheap locking trems are one of the major problems with cheaper guitars- if it's a hardtail, it might be alright.

cube would be a good idea for metal on a budget... just don't get the 15 or 20 watt models, as they don't have the amp models.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OK so ive been strongly advised off the whole js30rr thing so any ideas for a guitar for my ability and price range ( 200 - 300 ) i want one that can play anything i want it to.
ok so here are sum guitars im thinkin of -
Epi SG G-400 Custom
Schecter Blackhawk
Jackson DX10D
Jackson JS30RR from a Squier Strat (is that downgrading??)
Dean Vendetta 1F
Any Comments??
if you can get up to £300, i strongly advise a washburn x50 pro, on gak.

other options would be a yamaha aes 620, pacifica 612, various hamers (the non-USA ones), maybe ibanez sz.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?